Do you have a Will?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Prinnctopher's Belt, May 23, 2010.

?

Do you have a Will?

1. Yes, with legal help

11.9%
  2. Yes, without legal help

14.3%
  3. No

73.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Yes or no, is it legally binding, what's generally in it, and did you need an attorney to help?

2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

No, don't really need one. All I really care about happening after the fact is that I take all my organs to the grave with me.

3. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Yes I do...since my divorce I've had one......
    just re done it to update.....want to make sure that the people I want get what's left when I go.....
    also stated in mine which funeral parlour I want to use.....
    got a govt funded agency to do mine for free of charge....
    if you die intestate (without a will) usually the government takes a huge share and is in control of your affairs....In this country anyway......
    my son left without a will and it's causing problems with my ex and I...wish he'd had a will..

4. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

Do not have one right now, but after court on Monday there will be. My Mom split the the value of my grandmother's house after it sold, a decent chunk of money. If my Mom were to go, I'm an only child then it all goes to me. I have no children and I refuse to let my Aunt have it, so I will have to get a will written.

As far as burials and stuff like that go, I'm not worth land it would take. Put me in a cardboard box and burn me up. Spread my ashes around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, not far from where I live and I'll be in gearhead's heaven.

5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I don't have one. I have the paperwork to fill it out from my lawyer but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

6. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I did one with the help of a book and online (didn't want to alert family as attorney is Dad's friend and frankly didn't want to shell out big bucks for it). Should be legally binding as they are really simple to do, write it out and get it notarized.

7. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

No, I don't have anything valuable.

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yes had it drawn up witrh my lawyer. dont have much to leave but wnat to make sure my kids are taken care of.

9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I have nothing worth giving away but my thoughts, which don't require a will.

10. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

No not really. I mean if i had a legal one everyone would think i was crazy because of my age and also the fact that i dont even own anything worth while. I'm thinking about actually though just putting a together a paper with what the few things i that i want certian people to have and what to do after and what not. Not much.... probably not even worth it but ... we'll see.

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

No I don't have one.. I sold everything I own when I made my last attempt..I don't think the family will squabble over my meagor belongings..

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Nothing of value, not sure what to do with my cat. I hope someone will take good care of him... I don't want him returning to a shelter.

13. drendil

drendil Active Member

i have one but i'm in the middle of a divorce so it's going to change for sure. the slate will be wiped clean and her name will be history, all beneficiaries will be changed too.

14. riddle

riddle Member

I know that I should write a will since I own my condo with my mom. I also should write a living will since I do not want to be resusitated, but it seem to much foreshadowing to write. I think I'll end up writing a will just before commiting suicide.

15. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Not really. I just want my sisters to return my pet tarantula ,
    god forbid I die.

16. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't really have a whole lot of valuables; but I do have a will. I've had one for years~ ever since I bought something that was 10k+ > but that ended up going with the Ex during the split... so now I don't really have anything left in the will except for my kitty!! XD

17. jaydee

jaydee Member

I don't have one, but I do have life insurance with my superannuation fund that's worth quite a bit. I keep meaning to update the beneficiaries of it so that everything from it will go to my girlfriend. On a side note, the exclusion period for suicide is now up so it'll pay out even for that.

18. well its actually a living will (call an advanced directive in some states). i got it a few years ago so if i ever end up in the hospital, they cannot take "heroic measures" to save me and do things i do not want that will prolong my life. no ventilator, tube feeding, etc. asking that all life sustaining treatment be withheld.

i realize its not completely foolproof, but its the only way of having my wishes known should i become unable to convey my wishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.