do you have any ghost stories?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jasonkramer, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

In 2006 I recorded a little girl whispering "someone’s coming." this was when I was living with my father. The story to it is that I had just bought a tape recorder and decided to test it out and transfer the audio to my computer. I put the batteries in and sat quietly recording for 30 sec. I then hooked it up to the comp and transferred it with audacity. As it transferred I saw the huge spikes of noise but didn’t remember hearing stuff. So I listened to it and heard the little girl’s voice. I copied it and sent it to a friend and he and his friend said they also heard it. Then they made fun of me about having to live in a haunted house. I didn’t sleep well that night. I’ve tried again but never got anymore audio. Because of that I assume it was a fluke and maybe the recorder came with something prerecorded as a test from the factory. To add to the story I do think the house is haunted, I’ve never felt safe in it and I sleep with the lights on. I can sit on the couch during the day and feel the need to look down the hallway to make sure iam not being watched. I feel the need the walk around with a knife at night. Good god iam glad that place is getting foreclosed. I’ve slept in other haunted houses and felt watched but never felt scared in them. If the bank wouldn't have a fit I would probably burn it down.
  2. effervescentpsyche

effervescentpsyche Well-Known Member

The house I grew up in was very haunted. I remember sleeping in my room and I heard footsteps and the front door slam. I looked for my dog but he was hiding under the bed and I was like what the heck. I grab a knife {I always sleep with a knife by my side} and walk around the house to find nothing. I look in my parents room they are sleeping look in my sisters room she is asleep. I go back to bed and hear the footsteps again they went to my room and then my door opened. There was nothing there and thats when I ran to my sisters room and slept with her.

The next thing in my house was I came home from school and I saw a girl with black hair and a long white dress in the hallway and she went into the bedroom. I ran over there and there was no one in the room.

One day I decided to talk to the ghosts. I was home alone and I asked the ghosts if they were friendly and if they were then give me a sign, that was when i heard the toliet flush.

Another day I saw a ghostly shape of a man in the bathroom and I also saw a man with a latern in my backyard.

My stuff animals were alwyas moving around too. Once I found all my stuff animals in the hallway when I came home from school.
  3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

When I was about 13 or so I was asleep in my bed when for no reason I awake to see a woman standing in the corner of my room.
    This was definitely a woman, this not shadows or anything.
    As me being a kid I called for my mom, she comes turns on the light then there was nothing.
    My mom calms me down and has me go back to bed which I did not because a few minutes later the woman is back.
    This happens all night I call my mom in then theres nothing there, she leaves the womans back, I did not sleep that night.

A couple weeks later I am looking at a photo album and I see that woman in a old photograph
    Turns out it was my grandma before, in that house

Wish I would have recognized her I would been able to finally meet her, she died when I was a baby.
  4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

lol- yeah! lots of strange stories~

I'll just tell one for now though.

When we moved across town half way through grade 6, we were living on the top floor of this really old house. My room was in the far back corner; which was also where the old bathroom used to be before the top floor was remodeled.
    Every night-- since I don't sleep; I would hear the taps turning on and off, over and over again. Sometimes in the kitchen- mostly in the bathroom.
    It would happen at the same times every night, so I started to wonder if maybe, someone else in the house was always getting up at that time to use the washroom...
    One night, I got out of bed and opened my door- looking into the kitchen to see that the kitchen taps were on full blast... just running.
    I walked into the kitchen and twisted the taps off, then looked around.
    It was still dark- no lights were on and no one was around.
    I tried to just let it go and walked back to my bedroom...
    Before I could close my bedroom door, I heard the taps squeak open and the water started to run at full blast again.
    I turned around-- and still... no one was there.

That happened every night until we moved a couple months later.
    I told my mom, sister and brother, but they told me I was probably just dreaming it.
    No one ever confessed to turning them on and off every night; so it's still a mystery, I guess.

I found out a couple years later-- from a friend whose family moved in there; that there was a man who lived there about 20 years ago who locked himself in his house because he was so afraid of germs and diseases. He stayed in the house until he died one day of starvation.
    The story was in the local paper and everything.
  5. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Theres this old stone house in the foothills just west of me that people have said is haunted.
    Apparently things fall of shelves, things get knocked over and thats all I've heard on that matter.
    I personally have seen this house for sale on and off three times in the last four years. Seems like something is going on.
  6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Sometimes at night I can hear my bathroom door slam (the door is very old with no handle) even if no window is open. And sometimes I hear some kind of "tsch, tsch, tsch" sound downstairs, like a dog walking on a wooden floor. The creepy thing is that my dog sleeps under my bed, not downstairs, and he can hear the sound too. Once my dog started to bark, and the sound faded out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.