Do you have any goals?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Ranxerox, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

I think there have already been a few threads about similar things, but sod it im bored so ill post it anyway. My Short term goals: get my diploma from varsity college, get my drivers licence, find some kind of IT related job, or any proper job. Medium term goals: get my MCP, Comptia a+, n+ and linux+, gain a working knowledge of Linux, get my CCNA (challenging) and increase my squat to 90kg for 5x5 and my bench to 60kg for 5x5. Long term goals: move out, make at least one friend, learn muay thai, visitThailand and Machu Picchu, and see the UFC live in the US. Ja well thats pretty much it, i dont really think ill achieve many of them but i can dream cant i? Anyone else have goals?
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Hm... I don't have any long term goals/dreams/aspirations anymore, but I suppose I do have a couple of short term ones?

Let's just go with todays goals.
    -clean the house top to bottom
    -organize my closet
    -go outside for a few minutes

Guess that's it.
    I've been thinking on and off for a long time about what I want to do with my life once I get better... but it's hard when I truly believe that I'm not good at anything and will never succeed.

baby steps, I guess.
  3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

My 2010 goals are...

1) Get a full time job.

2) Pay off all my debts in full.

3) Start to find some semblance of a career, whether that means climbing the ladder somewhere or going back into education.

4) Counselling counselling counselling!! Group, one-on-one, you name it - I'm gonna get it.

5) Lose 30lbs or more. (Had this one for a while but this year something has to give).
  4. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Be happy
    Live without meds or therapy
    Talk to my real father
    Be published
    Be happy with my partner
    have a child (?)
    sing in public

etccccc :stars:
  5. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Get better
    Get a job
    Make friends
  6. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

Get Healthy :)

Get out more

Feel Better
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Graduate university with the class of 2012; for 2010 this involves producing a stable social life, ensuring I'll have money to live, entering therapy, reenrolling in university and producing good study habits like I used to have.

Also, one-handed chinups and pushups.

Two more: not die, get laid :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
  8. plaisio

plaisio New Member

lol i get asked this question all the time by bf and parents.
    I have a whole answer ready which includes helping in a lab, volunteering, working as EMT while taking post-bac classes. taking the MCAT, then going to med school!

Its a nice lie. I have no idea what ill do after I graduate.
    Currently I'm thinking, I should aim to:

finish my incompletes and graduate (abysmal gpa regardless). call some of my old friends.
    get counseling + meds. actually tell my family, or anyone really, that im doing so.
  9. DS

DS Account Closed

heh, yeah
  10. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

no i dont at all....just wanna die...its becouse i fail in everything & cant do anything so why bother if that will break my heart everytime :(
  11. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

No, not anymore.
  12. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

to not make it through 2010
  13. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Well, I live moment to moment. So I don't set targets, I just do things. This method of living doesn't accomplish much but it provides respite from the terror of living.
  14. friendless

friendless Well-Known Member

To get as rich and as eccentric as possible. Think Addams Family.
  15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Create a mutli billion dollars company by selling 1 hole buttons
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.