Do you have any strange phobias?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by snarrylover, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

I have claustaphobia, which I guess isn't that weird. But I also have a phobia of meringues lol. I call it "meringue-a-phobia" :) Years ago when I had the flu I had a dream about pink meringues crowding me in and I've been afraid of them ever since.
  2. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

I have phobia of squirty cream and alcohol.
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i actually do have a lot of strange phobias.

i have normal ones- like fear of phones, water, small spaces, social situations..

but strange ones:

people with certain names. yep, really. freaks me out to the point where i just can't focus on anything- and can't say the names aloud

icecream- not sure what triggers that one, but can't be in a room with it

can't think of any other strange ones.. all the others are normal
  4. MisterBGone

I don't overly love the number four; and I suppose I could explain why, but it probably wouldn't make sense to anybody but myself.
  5. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

i cannot be in the same room as squirty cream and think of it just makes me wanna vomit.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have a phobia of hairdryers , i wont use them on myself but i will allow others to do it. Strange, I know.
  7. snarrylover

I don't have a phobia of it, but I don't like the number 4 either! It used to be my lucky number, then I watched a scary film and there were 4 of something that scared me so ever since I've tried not to do anything 4 times.
  8. emily83

oh, 1 i forgot,.

i've a fear of if a cd of a certain artist or group is not working propelry, then all copies of the same album.. no matter if you just baught it- won't work.

i won't touch any other copy of the album
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Some of these may be strange or unreasonable, some may not. Fear of rats and mice, spiders, well basically any bug except butterflies, which I actually like. I have a fear of pitch blackness and total quiet, which is why power outages scare me. Strong storms scare me, especially if there's lots of lightning. Snakes, fear of things falling on me (like airplanes, meteors, or even tv's that are high up on a shelf), sometimes being touched by people, especially strangers. Also very tall people intimidate me a bit, because then I feel small and insignificant :p I know there's more and yeah I'm nuts lol.
  10. snarrylover

lol you're not nuts. I believe everyone in the world has some sort of odd phobia. I find the whole concept of it quite interesting :)
  11. emily83

thunder's not a strange fear at all, i used to know a lady who was absolutely terified of it
  12. Doodle

Doodle Well-Known Member

I have a crippling fear of pregnancy.
  13. Brokenness

Brokenness Well-Known Member

Telephones and knocks on the door, especially if unexpected.
  14. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Fear of being lost. Spiders. Social Gatherings, like family get togethers.
  15. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm scared of velociraptors. I know that's stupid because they don't exist anymore, but ever since I saw jurassic park when I was 10, I would have nightmares of them. To this day, I am scared of them.
  16. catecholamine

catecholamine Well-Known Member

Bugs/spiders and snakes, but especially bugs. Really, really hate bugs.
  17. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I used to have an irrational fear of gas fires and stinging nettles. Don't even ask lol.
  18. SevenEleven

SevenEleven Active Member

I know you said don't ask...but I'm curious about how the nettles fear happened?

Trying new things scares me, it's an unfortunate fear to have. Soooooooo clingy, can't help it.

I'm also afraid that when I'm in the shower alone that I'm going to be attacked by something or someone behind the curtain, like when shampoo gets in my eyes I get so scared and try to wash it out as soon as I can so I can look outside my shower.
  19. Raven

Raven Guest

I hate the little ceiling fans in bathrooms, I can't enter the room when one is on and have to grab a stick to turn it off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.