Do you have skeletons in your closet?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Yes, some.

2. Yes, many.

3. No i don't

0 vote(s)
  4. Not anymore.

5. People! Don't answer! Boo just want us to confess to a murder!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Of course you do. We all do.

I'll define a 'skeleton' as anything you've done in the past that you feel was wrong, feel bad about, would like the world not to know or are still hiding. Let's start with the easy ones...

What do you regret, but have never apologised for? What are you still carrying guilt about? Who do you never want to bump into, because you feel uncomfortable about something? Is there something you are worried someone might find out some day?

Now how can we be free of these deeds of the past? I've heard a lot of rationalization about how we should just 'let go of it', or write a letter and burn it, or some other action that bypasses dealing with the person who was involved. If you honestly feel good about it, then fine. If not, then consider you've just gotten used to this like a heavy weight on your back. You've probably forgotten what life was like without it...

What is your take on this issue?

As for me. I have so many regrets. Wrong doings which i never apologised for. The weight is there and just like depression it has become trivial to me...
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  2. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

Nice, a Boo poll, what took you so long :D

im sure we all have done things in the past we regret now.

I thought i was over those things, in terms of "forgot" them but for me this indeed is a issue.

I have done some things wenn i was about 13-17 years. Since my 17th i have lived and
    worked in the North and in Germany and it made me feel somewhat "relieved" as i knew nobody there knew anything about my past.

Now due to my depression i do live at home again
    in the same village where i grew up and everytime im walking the streets i feel like all eyes are pointed at me.

The things i have done where not that big, some steeling,
    soft drugs etc but in a small village like this one they are considered "mayor"crimes as people are not used to crimes in this area.

Example, i once stole a moped (whooho) and the victem, a woman who now is cassiere at the only grossery in the village, it took me over 3 years
    untill i had the guts to shop at that place. Now i feel like shit each time i have to face her as im sure she still remembers my deed.

those things have been over 15 years ago but i feel like shit and it haunts me every day, especialy when i need to go outside. I try to compensate it somewhat by being friendly and helping everyone i can but i cant stop thinking about it

unlikely i will ever get over them, i do regret them and feel sorry for everyone who got hurt. then there are some more minor things that nobody knows about which eats me even more as i am not sure if i am the only one who knows about those things.

its a small village and people talk a whole lot here, i know i will feel better once i move out again but it is not realy an solution i guess.

This had become such an personal isue for me that i believe it has been the reason i have let people taken advantage of me to prove i have changed.

feels like carrying an heavy rock on my back :(

What makes you think it is to late to apologize for the things you have done, Maybe Boo listened to much Timbaland ? :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  3. Black Beauty

Black Beauty Well-Known Member

What do you regret, but have never apologised for?

I regret a lot of things but I don't feel like I need to apologise for them. Like for example I regret not knowing how to deal with girls when I was in high school and university, so I ended up always getting rejected and hurt because I couldn't see what I was doing wrong.

What are you still carrying guilt about?

I guess maybe not being as good to my family as I could have when I still lived with them. Now we're all far apart in different cities and I just wish I could spend more time with them and do nice things for them which I never did when I was living with them.

Who do you never want to bump into, because you feel uncomfortable about something? Is there something you are worried someone might find out some day?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head although I'm sure there are many.
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I've usually been the opposite about guilt, rather than hide it I apologised for things that I shouldn't have and was others responsibility, or apologising for just giving an opinion which was too frightening to hear. There was a time when "I am sorry" was what I said every day, even when people out there did minor things to me, it was funny. I still do it now, but not to that extent. I was sorry for breathing, living, walking, and just being alive. I think I was in periods of depression at that time tho'. Because once I felt better, I was okay and back to my usual self...:unsure:.

The one thing I regret was getting with my ex gf. Then again, I look back at that time in my life, and all the questions about choice, and did I have any come up at the time.

I'm not sorry anymore- in the last two years I've said the most harsh, embarassing, difficult things when processing my past and present and I don't regret a thing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  5. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

I voted the last option because it gave me a lol! but truth is i do have some and i'd like them to firmly stay in the closet which is why i'd never talk about it and why i deffiantly wouldn't write it on the forum >.<
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I voted the last one too, because it made me laugh.

Yeah, I do have some, from when I was in high school, and especially college.
  7. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I said 'yes some' but i can only think of one thing. and i will never speak of it
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Many, many things. I have an excellent memory and a supernatural capacity for guilt. I don't know what to do about it.
  9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies boys and girls :smile:
    And "S" unfortunately they deleted your post, but i managed to read it. And what you said was really sweet! I really do wish i'll get the courage to talk to you on msn. I miss your threads and posts like crazy!
    hiukset on kaunein!!!
  10. Archon

Archon Well-Known Member

Many things i have de, but i don't normaly feel guilty, i steal, attack and mentally hurt people, but guilt is sooo hard for me because i have done sooo much i have gotton used to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.