Do you have someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraRose

I was wondering if- when you are in the deepest depths of depression- do you have someone you can talk to? Like a trusted friend or family member who doesn't judge yet stays there patiently to help you through it?

And for those friends that you can't go to, how do you handle them when you are utterly depressed. Do you fake happiness around them? Or shut them out?

---

For me I have an amazing friend. She should be a therapist just because she is so wonderful. :biggrin: She never judges me, or tells me to smile and be happy. Instead she listens to me until I stop blabbering about my problems. And then she explains why I'm important in this world. She reminds me of all of the good I've done and tells me how life isn't over yet, and that I can keep getting what I want. I have kept all of the texts that she has sent me during these times, to keep helping me! We both have helped each other out of the worst times of our lives!

On the complete oposite I have a friend that will just talk about her. When I try to reach out she will turn it around until it's all about her. So I've given up trying to get help from her. I found that when I'm depressed as hell I will just barely answer her texts and refuse to be around her.

Anyways I was just wondering if you all had someone that you can trust to just cry to and hear the beautiful words that we all just need to hear sometimes.

I didn't used to, but I have made a wonderful friend of a member here and he and I lean on eachother when we have no one else to turn to. It is a beautiful friendship and I have never had that before, but I can honestly say he has saved me from myself more than once, and he tells me I have done the same for him. I feel blessed to have found this site and met my wonderful good friend here.

SaraRose

It is a beautiful friendship and I have never had that before, but I can honestly say he has saved me from myself more than once, and he tells me I have done the same for him.
I'm always so happy when I hear others have found someone else too. It is always a beautiful friendship when you can help each other see that light at the end of the tunnel. I also think it's the type of friendship that will always last. Because you've seen each other at the worst and the best. And you know that you both care for each other no matter what. :shelbi:

Shock

No I don't. It sounds pessimistic but people just dont understand that depression is an illness or a condition. The people I have tried to talk to in the past try and offer answers, which is good of them but thats not how depression works. After a while they just give up and get angry. I dont bother talking to anyone anymore - its just words anyway.

Madam Mim

I had no-one for so many years, even my partner of four years didn't have a clue how to help. But I have such a wonderful friend now. She's always there for me, and I swear she has a sixth sense for when I'm feeling particularly low.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that she gets me out of bed in the morning - physically! She sleeps over most nights because she worries about me and is just generally the sweetest, kindest person I know.

I actually hate that we've gotten so close, because I never get this close to anyone. I want to push her away, so it won't hurt her when I die. I'm sure our friendship isn't really healthy, and I don't want to be a problem for her. But now I think I love her (in a pletonic way) and rely on her too much, and it's too difficult to lose her.

Mim

windlepoons

No I don't. I used to have a friend I could be completely open with but she killed herself earlier this year. It would be nice to have someone though. I think this site acts in that manner in some ways, but not others, of course.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi Sararose, I'ts brilliant that you have someone there for you to talk to and listen to you when you're feeling down in the dumps. I have my boyfriend there for me when I'm feeling stressed and low, he's a great help and he understands me because we have a lot in common, great topic by the way.

Inmemoryofyou xox

SaraRose

not really, most of the things I say on this site I've never said out loud, to myself or anyone else. Only in my head.
That's why I love this site. It gives me a place to say what I want. Especially with the diary I can scream at people without feeling bad or having the friends or family feel bad.

:cazza:

Mr Stewart

I was wondering if- when you are in the deepest depths of depression- do you have someone you can talk to? Like a trusted friend or family member who doesn't judge yet stays there patiently to help you through it?
No. When I needed help I signed up here. The people here are better equipped to deal with me in panic mode anyway, that works out fine. This is a good place for me, I think.

And for those friends that you can't go to, how do you handle them when you are utterly depressed. Do you fake happiness around them? Or shut them out?
I lie. I fake. I avoid talking to or seeing them, which is easy as we live in different cities. It's easier. I don't want to be a burden. I don't want the attention that divulging these problems of mine would bring upon me from family. It is important to me that my family see me as a stable person. I don't know why exactly, they all live hundreds of miles away, it just is.

Great topic.

I used to, but they passed by their own hand.

I wish I did, truly, I miss them so much and I miss that type of relationship.

But some particular SF members have been so helpful, to them I am indebted.

IRL of course, to others, everything is just fine with me and my life!

BK_Jetsfan

It must really be nice to have someone. I have NO ONE like that. The problem is, most people either don't really give a shit, or make me feel guilty for wanting to die, cannot understand how or why I feel that way. The limited people who may not be like this, I just have a problem trusting anyone where I can literally pour everything out to. Just sucks all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00