do you honestly WANT to die?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by a-blue-butterfly, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have been thinking about this alot... and i know my answer to this question but i just thought i'd ask all of you too.

do you actually WANT to die, or do you just feel you NEED to die...?

they are two very different things... so give it some thought. me... personally, i honestly don't want to die, i just feel i very much need to given circumstances and who and i am etc. etc.

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i personally WANT to die.
    I have found alot of people dont really understand it as my only reasoning for it is that I am done with everything; breathing, listening, looking, moving, sleeping, eating, waking, walking, everything. The experience that is life just has no attraction to me what so ever.
    I am done.
    I am just waiting till it will be absolute and i wont get caught or anything so i wont have to keep living. Or worse again have to live life brain damaged and unable to help myself.

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

i dont want to die...no...i want to be able to beat the shittyness and be happy...

4. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

i dont want to die, but i cant live feeling this way any longer...

5. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

Not really, no. I just want the pain and the shame and the lonliness to go away.

6. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

no, once i did but not now.
    i believe theres more to this life that i need to experiance

7. Robald

Robald Active Member

I want to. It seems the most appropriate reaction to my experiences and perceptions. A natural compassionate instinct is holding me back, but what I want most of all is to disappear and cease to exist - or to look at it another way, to destroy the world as I see it. By putting a stop to my brain functions, the world in my perception will cease to exist.

8. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I need to die.

9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It does not make sense that a desire to die be true. It may be true that a person has never experienced happiness, that pain has been their existence. But at some point they had to recognize it as pain, and then decide that killing themselves would be the way to get rid of it.
    No one was born out of the womb with the desire to die, which means external conditions changed internal feelings. There is escape from whatever condition someone may be facing. There is another perspective to every situation. The desire to die is the desire to be without the feeling, without the pain, and seeing no other way than to end consciousness awareness.
    Honestly, deep down, I don't think a desire to die can be real entirely. There is something below that. The desire to live is natural and is true.

10. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I don't want to die directly. I have things that I need for the sake of my sanity that are dependent on my death.

Indirectly, I want to die.

11. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Whoah. I don't undersand. (sry)

Suicidal ideation for me in the past has been a opt-out means. So it would be want.

Except I'm now over it. "Bring it, LIFE." I have difficulties but hell. So? Nothing I can't handle actually.

Would like to hear more of your NEED TO concept.

ToHelp

12. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I cant take this pain I am in, I hope to die in my sleep but that isnt gonna happen and I dont see myself killing myself, I am in so much pain it is beyond comprehenson

13. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

I've never truly WANTED to die, but I've seen it as the only method of relief before.

14. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

do i want to die?

its actually a good thing to think about.

i dont want to die actually, but sometimes the pain bottles up and it feels like the easiest way out.

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I don't want to die. I just want my anxiety to go away. In general though, im happy enough!

16. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

It's on and off. There are times that I do believe I WANT to die. Other times I just want all the shit to leave me alone so I can be happy.

17. ckeppa

ckeppa Active Member

everyday leans more to want, but i think im at need right now, ahh dying sound so nice...

18. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

that sounds great. I hope you can. to me, the shittyness is unbeatable.
    but it wouldn't be fair of me to explain what the shittyness is cause it
    might make beating it more difficult for anyone listening. I hope you can beat it.
    I doubt if I can.

19. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I've never wanted to die. But rather I know I have to die for things to get better for those around me and it is the only way to stop everything for me.

20. alle_vite

alle_vite Well-Known Member

i want to die i want this pain and hurt to end!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.