do you honestly WANT to die?

• Thread starter a-blue-butterfly
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost.

No.

I'm frightened by death.

However, it's still a preferable alternative to the torture of loneliness, frustration and powerlessness.

I want to live my life and blossom like everyone else.

i personally WANT to die.
I have found alot of people dont really understand it as my only reasoning for it is that I am done with everything; breathing, listening, looking, moving, sleeping, eating, waking, walking, everything. The experience that is life just has no attraction to me what so ever.
I am done.
I am just waiting till it will be absolute and i wont get caught or anything so i wont have to keep living. Or worse again have to live life brain damaged and unable to help myself.
I feel the same way. 100% i know exactly how you feel.

Mortal Moon

no one wants to die, just for the pain to stop
I'm not sure if that's completely true. Or, to put it another way, you could apply that reasoning to just about any human desire.

"You don't want to eat, you just want the hunger to stop."

"You don't want money, you just want your poverty to end."

"You don't want friends, you just want the loneliness to stop."

And so on. Every time we say that we "want" something, what we really mean is that we're in an undesirable situation, and seek to correct it. So to the same extent that I can say that I want anything at all, I do want to die.

IV2010

I want to die....always have but now I want to even more to be with my son who took his own life last week...I just don't think I have the courage to do it...

will_1957

I don't know if I want to die. It's on and off. I know that I have no real desire to live. I could take it or leave it. If there was an easier way out I would take it.

KittyGirl

I remember in Ethics class, we did an anonymous quiz- the last question said:
"If there was a button that would kill every human being on the planet-including yourself and all of your loved ones-and restore the world to it's natural order, would you press it?"
I was apparently the only person in the class who believed that "Yes." was the only correct answer for that question.
If it were that easy-- and the planet would survive-- I would do it without a second thought.

There is no easy way out, though.
We just have to learn to make the best out of things.

Tobes

I don't want to die because it offers nothing but annihilation. Unless I'm wrong and hell exists, in which case I definitely don't want to die, because I'll end up there.

Mortal Moon

I don't want to die because it offers nothing but annihilation. Unless I'm wrong and hell exists, in which case I definitely don't want to die, because I'll end up there.
And I do want to die because it offers nothing but annihilation. All depends on your perspective, I guess. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00