Do you know any mexican songs?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Things, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm trying to learn Spanish (I can put together very, very simple sentences so far). I thought hearing music in that language would help a little.

So, do you know any songs I could listen to?
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm not sure music is your friend. It's often non-standard grammar with poorly enunciated words. I've been using Pimsleur Spanish audiotapes (pirated - this may be illegal where you live; it costs $700 US otherwise) to learn the basics of Spanish and then I'm planning on watching Spanish TV shows without subtitles.
  3. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

! I'm doing the same thing atm, lol. I did a youtube search for spanish music and a google search for popular spanish music. I listen to Belinda, Camila and Juanes the most. I do this for many different languages. It helps to keep me motivated, lol. Good luck!

Just wanted to add, like aoeu said, learning a language through only music isn't the best idea. But you probably already know this! Coupling it with a class would be good. But listening to music does help with getting an idea of the culture and pronunciation down, if pronunciation is something you have issues with. It also really helps to keep me motivated because I want to be able to understand and speak the language after listening to the songs. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the music. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  4. kellylife

kellylife Member

It seems to be quite difficult, coz we seldom hear Mexican song.
  5. Frys

Frys Well-Known Member

If you're not picky, there's always Daddy Yankee ;)
    Everytime I listen to Gasolina it gets stuck in my head 0o
  6. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Oh yes I know. It's like you said, it's mainly for motivation (I probably shouldn't said that in the first post, heh), that and I need new music to listen too. I never know what I want to hear anymore. :p

I think I've heard about Juanes before, I think I'll try that first. So far I've listen to a few hip-hop songs (I love hip hop music...I just despise hip-hop lyrics, even if I can't understand the words).

Right now I'm using a DS game called "Spanish Coach". I doubt it's enough, but it's all we can afford right now. Gotta start somewhere, and it still helps.
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Los Lobos & Antonio Banderas - Cancion Del Mariachi (from desperado) :D
  8. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
  9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I personally love watching Disney movies in different language dubs. XD

They might be hard to find... but I find that watching a movie with subtitles that you can understand-- in a spoken language you do not understand can help you to recognize certain words and understand better the inflections and rhythm of a language.
  10. boo

boo Well-Known Member

11. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I've tried to give all the suggestions a chance. I really like Juanes, and I like one of Belinda's songs.

I really appreciate the help. :) I'm sorry for not saying much. It's hard to talk right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.