Do you know anybody who committed suicide and has it Affected you

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by pookeo9, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pookeo9

pookeo9 Member

For me it was my grandfather, he had a huge argument with my grandmother, drove in his truck xxx it was so bad he had to be cremated since his body was just full of blood.. Although he committed suicide in 2003, it hasn't affected me alot, although I have tried to OD once and hang myself but both failed and I have realized suicide isn't always the only way out. But has anybody in your family or anybody you know committed suicide and has it affected your life?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
  2. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

I know too many people that have and every single one affects me, some everyday others not so much.

3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I know 7 people who have killed themselves now and yeah it still affects me

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

my dear friend joe killed himself. i think of him often. i really, really miss him and wish he knew how loved he truly was. it breaks my heart that he died feeling so alone. my best friend's brother also killed himself. she thinks of him every single day.

5. pookeo9

pookeo9 Member

Man that must be really tough losing a best friend, sorry to hear that.

6. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm pretty numbed at this point. The first death in my life I was 7, the older one of the neighbor brothers died in a hunting accident, stood up in the boat duck hunting, I still feel for his father.
    One guy I knew in high school killed another, and a friend suicided a couple years after I hit the road (I left home on a bike at 17)
    I've had about a dozen violent, or sad deaths of young peers and family members in my life.

7. ali-wali

ali-wali Well-Known Member

Sorry about your grandad, guess some people really must give up :( My best friend killed himself one year ago, he jumped infront of a train he was 17. cos' his girlfriend wouldn't take him back. He was ment to be at football training he was going to play for man u. At first I hated him for it, i couldn't believe how stupid he had been to make a quick decision like that without thinking about all of us he left behind. But like I said, it must feel like the end for them and who are we to judge. Just wish he'd of talked to somebody first. Or maybe he did try talk to me I just didn't realise. xxx

8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

One friend, when i was 19. I don't like to talk about it.

Suffice to say...it's fucked and i wouldn't wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy (not that i have an enemy, but if i did, even i wouldn't want them to feel how this experience has made me feel)

It's the main reason i won't kill myself. I don't want to inflict that kind of suffering on my family.

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yes, and no it does not effect me as i did not know them or have any relationship with them directly.

it effected me indirectly because the people they were related to were fucked up beyond all repair. one of them was my father, another my ex gf.

10. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

My world was destroyed when Sarah killed herself. I can't say much more than that. It was the worst thing in the entire world and I can't begin to describe how horrific it was for me.

Lex

11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

ihave never stopped blaming me for my brothrs suicide the pain does not go away does NOT lessen the pain eats away inside me like a cancer it never ceases i never stop seeing him so dam gray and cold dam it sorry

12. Paramedic21

Paramedic21 Well-Known Member

a friend of mine at work, greg killed himself a year ago, he wasnt a great friend of mine but we worked together on many occasions and were pretty good friends. I miss seeing him around the station.

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Yes! my son at 24...and I died with him that day....life is a living hell!..there are no words to describe what it's like to lose a child this way..
    I am holding on so I don't cause my family anymore pain and suffering even though they don't deserve to be spared.

also my Grandfather who I never knew, my Uncle and his daughter and another cousin.
    My son was the fifth on my fathers side..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2010
  14. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

My aunt whom i never actually got to meet killed her self quite a number of years ago. Also on my mom's side a relative(cousin?) who i also didn't get a chance to meet killed himself when he was a teenager as well. A teacher from my old school killed himself a few years ago and also a student who i knew from my old highschool killed her self a year or two ago. I wasn't all that close to her but she was always cheerful and kind.

Other deaths that have impacted my life are when my cousin drowned as a toddler also a dear old friend suddenly collapsed when he was 16.

15. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

my daughter at 16, and i have tried to join her several times, but it hasn't worked.

16. Imstillstanding

Imstillstanding New Member

In my experince in the area which is unfortunalty vast-suicide affects so many more people than the individual would think. It tends to reverberate particularly when it is a younger death. In my own life I had a person very close to me hang himself and I am still suprised at the amount of people who approach me in bits about it...my very best wiches to you OP its not easy

17. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone that's done it in real life. I'd be the first for a few :unsure:

18. Confused and Lost

Confused and Lost Well-Known Member

Yeah a few with the last one being three days ago now. Its hard but ill just plod on through like i always do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.