Do you know what will make you happy?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Frank Smith, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Member

I can't remember where my unhappiness began, but I know being bullied at school(s) was a significant factor. The best way to describe my situation is that I am bored with life. I thought getting a job will make me happy, no. Thought getting a girlfriend will make me happy, no. I keep thinking what is my call in life? What is it that I want to do?

Guys, what do you think will help you with your depression?
  2. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I know where my depression began. An unloving family, child abuse, being bullied at school, anxiety, social isolation, rejection, blah blah blah. I was a happy kid before all of that.

I also know what would make me happy. True love. In all my years on this planet, it is the one thing I have always longed for and seemingly the only thing I couldn't have. And when I say true love, I don't mean sex. I don't mean "a girlfriend". I mean the real deal... soul mates... wanting to spend the rest of your lives together kind of love. Someone who means everything to me, who loves me more than anything else in the world. That is what would make me happy. If I had that, I would have no reason to be here.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

What would make me happy is to have people in my life who care about me, who accept me for who I am with all of my flaws, and to not feel belittled and ignored. I have friends online and they are great, but I wish I had people in my real life who appreciated me. That would make me so happy.
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Being well again - simple but an impossibility
  5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Being where he is. That simple.
  6. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

I found it, then gave it all it's gone forever
  7. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

But I do accept you - oh, right. Online vs. real life. Ummm well I'm real, I just don't live in Michigan. Sorry about that. :unsure:
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Aww, I didn't mean to make you feel bad or anything. I value your friendship very would be awesome though if you lived right around the corner. Though, it could get excessive dealing with me all the time, lol.
  9. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I don't think anything could make me happy :unsure:
    Right now I'd settle for contentment.
  10. bguthery

bguthery Member

Help me? I don't know... it just sucks. I guess having my ex back... will not happen... maybe feeling like im actually loved and important? Maybe, I just hate life and nothing ever goes right. Every time I am happy something ruins it.
  11. SoftStyle

SoftStyle Member

Getting the dream girl I've been in love with for a long time now, getting her would make my life instantly better and give me the motivation I need to keep on living.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  12. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

Yes but it will never happen the only future I have is one of loneliness
  13. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Having a pretty girlfriend will make me happy for sure. I have practically everything a guy could ever want, except for a loving girlfriend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.