Do you like tea?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Random, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I've been drinking a lot of hot tea since I quit smoking. I've found I enjoy it and it helps keep my stomach full so I don't feel hungry all the time.

At any rate, it's better for me than drinking 12 cans of soda per day (Which I was doing before). Any tea drinkers here? Especially if you live in the US, I'd be interested to know where you buy tea, how much you pay and what good kinds you've found.

2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I usually drink at least one cup of black tea with whole milk and coffee cream, every day. Indeed, I, too, often drink tea so I won't have to bother getting food. Well, my reasons for that may not be quite the same as yours as I barely ever eat more than twice a day, and usually only once, although I guess it's been better, recently. My favourite brand always keeps being Twinings and I like their Finest Ceylon tea the most, although I'm not so sure about having that tea, again, as it is civil war in Sri Lanka. I barely ever drink it, nowadays, though. Another good kind that I tried recently is their Traditional Afternoon Tea, and seemed a good substitute to Finest Ceylon, but I didn't check the origin of the tea, so maybe it actually was Ceylon tea, as well. Yunnan is another good Twinings tea that I tried recently... it may become my new favourite, maybe. Anyway, if you want a cheaper tea, though, Lipton's Yellow Label is very good, or at least the kind that comes from Kenya. However, Lipton's other black teas are of pretty poor quality...

3. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

after working in a coffe shop for a year i have gone off tea and coffee for life.. blah... squash is best lots of water and squash

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Squash? The vegetable? Well, actually fruit. I guess it is some coffee called squash, though... just checking.

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

gara masala tea. which is just loose spices that you boil and put whatever tea bag you like in the pot (i put roisboos) but you can get masala tea bags but i'm finding i dehydrate quickly with those. you put it in the pot and boil it then pour a tonne of milk in and sugar and it's great :cool: i make it half with water half milk but you can make it all milk..

although i brewed camomile tea for way too long last week and drank it. the next two days i was a wreck dehydrated, bloodshot eyes, feeling headachy, couldn't see. i don't know.

6. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

squash is like .. un diluted juice.. you adds water to it... i cant drink just water >< so its the nearest thing.

7. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I love tea :)

English breakfast

Ringtons

Earl Grey

:wub:

I cant survive without a good cuppa in the morning :rolleyes:

8. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Rooibos, camomile etc. aren't actually teas, although they are often called that. Real tea comes from the tea plant. Calling those infusions would be more correct... I like African rooibos, though, as well... the ginger makes it very good and highly suitable with milk and cream.

9. cobrabodyguard008

cobrabodyguard008 Well-Known Member

yes i love tea, i drink 1 liter of GREEN tea (with sweeteners) every day :rolleyes:

10. black dove

black dove Well-Known Member

omg i love tea.

11. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Tea :drool:. Having a cup right now :thumbup:.

12. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I like green tea. It's the only hot drink I have that tastes better without adding milk.

13. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the green tea front :biggrin: people always go on about health benefits but I say bull, it just tastes good!

14. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Pretty bitter without it. :/ If not loads of whole milk it either needs loads of lemon juice or loads of sugar... if not... it's undrinkable. Like drinking poison. Same goes for black tea, of course, but green tea probably is even worse.

15. Random

Random Well-Known Member

If your green tea is bitter, you're probably not steeping it right. It's supposed to be smooth and slightly sweet. Don't let the water boil and try steeping it for less time. I steep mine for well under 2 minutes.

Every once in a while, I'll make a cup that's bitter. Past few days, I've been in the midst of experimenting on trying to get everything just right for the amount of tea I want to make. I brewed up two bowls of it earlier (I don't have anything else big enough to hold as much tea as I like). The second one was velvety smooth.

I kind of like black teas too but I'm still working on steeping times for them. I find green tea the most enjoyable so far.

16. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i love tea. Green tea without milk, black tea with.
    i might have a cup now actually

17. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I only drink valerian tea rarely

18. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Green tea does something to me when I drink it. Gives me this warm, fuzzy feeling. Almost like being high. It's definitely different from other tea.

19. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

tea loaded with sugar is AWESOME
    lol
    ^_^

20. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

tea <3 <3 <3