Do you like the way you look?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by caspar, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspar

caspar Well-Known Member

Just a random question I guess. I'm always curious about how people feel about themselves physically. I think we tend to exaggerate our bad features and take more notice of things that other people don't really see.

I have been very feeling ugly lately, when usually I don't think about it so much, or am okay with the way I look. Sometimes I'm scared of looking in the mirror in public bathrooms because I'm afraid I'll look terrible. So I just give myself a quick glance and then run away. At home, I'm the opposite, I will probably sound vain, but I look in the mirror a lot, I compulsively check my reflection, I even do it in public with a hand mirror or the reflection on my phone. If someone looks at me on the street or the bus I think they either think I'm very odd looking or they might think I look nice (I am embarrassed to admit that).

I have been called good looking before however, (oh course my mommy thinks I look lovely haha). But to be honest, I'm really unsure where I stand looks wise, I could be kind of unattractive, could be attractive (doubtful) but most likely am fairly average. It doesn't stop me feeling like I'm very ugly or even deformed sometimes.

How do you feel about your physical looks?
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

No, I think I look horrible. Some people tell me I'm attractive but I find it hard to believe them. It's easier to believe the bad things that people have told me that lowered my self-esteem.
  3. JustKindaThere

JustKindaThere Well-Known Member

I look like an old witch.
  4. iamnothere

iamnothere Member

No, I don't.
  5. SoleSpider

SoleSpider Member

I like the way I look. I just wish others liked the way I look. The world is full of superficial people. I'm one of them but that doesn't stop me from disliking the trait.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I do like how I look, I try to look as respectful as possible too. I keep up to date with hair and eye brows etc... There is only 1 thing I am unhappy about, I am overweight, that is frustrating but I know I can lose those extra lbs. I am happy with how I look, grateful to feel good in my own skin.

It is true though that when we even think of or say the words ''self image'' we automatically go into negative thinking. Not sure why but we do.
  7. crystaltears

crystaltears Member

I don't like the way I look , I am underweight , scarred and stretch marked a lot of places. the only thing i liked about my looks was my chest and that's been pretty much ruined by this weight loss and inevitable age changes (but that part i was fine with and expecting to happen, combined with huge weight loss = NO D: ) I have some kind of stress related skin issue right now and its leaving more scars and horrible looking wounds... even my partner with severe psoriasis is mortified and some days i think i turn him off and i cant stop picking it because weird crud keeps coming out and nobody has believed how it gets infected and comes out anyway even if i don't touch it -_-*... and my doctor is a moron and thinks its nothing. (if i pull the stuff off it doesn't get infected, using medications so far still gets infected :/ ) combine this with how useless and randomly crippled my body acts and i hate my body.
  8. Kai Nashi

Kai Nashi Well-Known Member

My facial and body features? No, not at all. I am ugly, I have ance all over my face unlike other people who I dress like, my hair gets greasy very easily and my face is oily. I am also overweight, and I REALLY hate it it bothers me every day I am constantly looking in the mirror at my face AND the side of my body looking at how fat I am thinking how fat I am. I also slightly have a double chin only if I look down I hate it and my neck is deformed one side of my neck curves to my jaw and the other side is like a straight line and I have a shortish neck too so I hate that. Also I never brush my teeth or clean my ears yeah I'm disgusting. Although, the only part of the way I look I like is how I dress, which I really like which is like a dark style, don't want to say goth because I hate that word but I can easily be put in that category along with my attitude and stuff. What ruins how I dress for me tho is my ugliness and fatness so yeah... nope!
  9. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

no. on my best days i still realize i am just average, and i have a terrible dry skin/discoloration condition covering the most intimate parts of my body. it just makes me feel like a freak walking around even fully clothed.
  10. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Not a huge fan of how I look most days...but I'm almost positive it's because of my complete lack of self-esteem, not because I'm actually not attractive. Most people tell me I am, and I guess I kind of believe it sometimes, but most times not so much, regardless of what anyone says. So, like I said, problem is most likely in my mind not my physical attractiveness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.