do you like yourself?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aquila, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquila

aquila Member

I really like myself, my values and the way I live. My problem is that I get too much trouble being myself and I have to either live a life where I don't like myself or stay at home alone, which makes me aggressive. But I like the real me, my personality, the things I can do, the person I have always been and still identify with.

However I've heard it is typical to NOT like oneself.

Is there anyone else out there who also likes yourself and still is very depressed and just want to kill yourself?

If you don't like yourself, is it because you don't like your personality and think you're good enough, or is it because of what the depression has done to you?

2. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I don't like myself, I dont like the way I look, the way I am with others, my impulsiveness, and the way in which I spend money like there is no tomorrow - maybe that is cos I know I will end up killing my self sooner or later I may as well spend it. I dont like what the depression has done to me.!

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i don't like myself, either. it's a combo of things... depression tells me a bunch of lies (you are alone, and always will be, you are a loser and always have been, etc etc etc) and i have a hard time fighting back; also i was abused as a kid and have rotten self-esteem because of that. if i liked myself i don't think i'd be suicidal.

4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Same me. I think if I liked myself I would be happy and not wanting to end everything!

5. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I don't like myself, in fact I detest everything about me...i'm too tall, too fat, ugly, i hate the way I talk, i hate the way I look, I hate the way my eyes, nose, mouth, ears are..the way my arms, legs, body, feet HANDS I hate my hands. I hate everything about me. My views are too complicated, my thoughts are to messed up. Self esteem is what others have, i have none...i hate that i'm shy around people, i hate that I fear everything...i hate that i don't trust....there's not one thing I like about me.

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

i dont like how i look
    i dont like how suicidal i am
    i dont like a lot of things that i have done
    i dont like my paranoia
    and i dont like the way i treat some people

but

i like my eyes,
    i like that i feel like i listen to people and support them when htey need it,

so no, i dont like myself but i think if we all look hard enough we can find something about ourselves we like :smile:

7. notmyrealname

notmyrealname Well-Known Member

No, I don't like myself and hate looking in mirrors.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

i like almost everything about myself

9. ZERO2008

ZERO2008 Well-Known Member

i hate myself end of i have no friends or anything so im a loner great life that is

10. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't like myself much, haven't for a long time, but sometimes I can accept who I am.

11. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I really identify with this. On the whole, I think I do like myself, it's just that most other people don't :laugh:

Edit: Actually there's a whole lot I don't like about myself, but generally I think I'm alright =)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2008
  12. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

No...

13. Cas

Cas Well-Known Member

If this question was asked this time last week, I would say I don't like myself..but lots has changed and I'm becoming the person I always knew I could be.

14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I despise myself, im happy with my appearance, but unhappy about everything else.

15. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I accept my life but I hate everything else.

I hate the way I look, I hate being gay, I hate my body.

16. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

in general I like myself, personality-wise. :smile:
    Of course there are aspects I don't like, but that's okay, as you can't be perfect :smile:

17. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

my current life no, my true self I dunno. But i think in our true selves we are perfect, cause we are part of the thing that is god. divine matrix a term i like to describe it. Omniscience and time travel in connectedness with god, nothings impossible to fix.

18. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I hate myself. Looks wise I can deal with...I wouldn't call myself ugly (although that causes enough trouble as it is :unsure: ) Personality wise, I hate that people are friends with me in order to laugh at me. And that when I open my mouth I always make a fool of myself. I hate the fact that I don't have the strength to deal with all my baggage. I hate that I can't be the positive person I used to be. I hate how much I've changed.

19. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

Hate hate hate myself, Nothing about me or my life I like,
    Im ugly, too short, thin, ugly face so no one wants me so im alone, only attention is from people who want to attack me just for being me not that i do any wrong to them
    social phobia so house bound and no friends
    too sensitive
    hate my past, present and know future is even bleaker

not one thing i like about my looks or life.

P.s if you do like yourself dont let anyone knock you down for that!.

20. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

mmm mmmm .. idk whyyy i hate myself so much
    i barely can stand my looks in the mirrow..
    i take pictures of my face..just recently-- but its not that i "like" them

.. reaons.. not sure.. but yeah depression has .. fuck me up more than i already am :D i hate me.. i have ugly scars-- i'm ugly.. i can't do anything find
    for real
    i can't even do simple things like.. ride a bike.. swim,,..skate..etc---
    i can' do ANYTHING

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.