Do you look your age?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by pogosticker, Apr 29, 2012.

Do you look your age?

1. I get told I look younger.

11 vote(s)
  2. I get told I look older.

7 vote(s)
  3. I look my age.

2 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

I'm a 20 year old guy. Here in the UK to buy alcohol/cigarettes/other over-age products you have to be 18 or over. People used to be shocked when I told them my age - on my 20th birthday people thought I was turning 17 or 18. It used to annoy me that people thought I looked younger than I am. I've smoked for around a year now and I think it has aged me.. I rarely get asked for ID in shops/bars now.

I went into a shop with my sister's boyfriend to buy alcohol on Friday. We paid separately. I'm 20, he's 28. I didn't get ID'd - the cashier approved it without asking me for ID. My sister's boyfriend was refused the alcohol until he showed his ID. It was quite funny at the time, but now it's making me worry. I smoke around 10-15 cigs a day, but I take care of my skin. I've smoked for around 12 months so surely it couldn't have had such an impact on me already?? I mean, I'm 20 - and last year, even after I had been smoking for a few months people would always think I was younger and I'd get ID'd all the time. I even got kicked out of a bar because I didn't have ID one time. I've always shaved, but recently started growing a goatee so I'm hoping it's because of that...
  2. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I'm 19 and they think i pass off as 21-22. I guess it's not that bad. Better than looking 12, anyways.
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I get the impression that people often assume I am a bit younger than I am. Not entirely sure though. It's difficult to read body language for me. I notice maybe slightly unusual reaction, which could have been caused by any number of things, and not having to do with age assumption at all.

No one treats me as if I'm older than I am. Of that I am sure. I'm 28 by the way.
  4. Fvantom

Fvantom Active Member

I seem to be pretty "age fluid" I guess I can use that term. Im 21, but I seem to be able to pass for anything from 16-25, depending on whether Ive shaved or not
  5. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

32 here. Get told I look younger around 22.
    I feel old- and have a few damn sun spots on my face :( - trying to get rid of them.
  6. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Haha same here. If I have my beard I look my age if not older. (I'm 28) But if I shave I look at least 5 years younger.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I probably look my age...I'm 27 so I don't look too young or too old.
  8. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

it's not uncommon at all for people to assume that i am 10 years younger than my actual age. get used to it already. i'm tiny and have zero self confidence.
  9. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I'm lucky, I guess. So far. I've been smoking since middle school (I know, I know, terrible) and some how still manage to look younger than I am. Bought some smokes once, and on the walk home, I lit one up. A guy started to chastise me, saying that he knew (not even thought, "knew") I was too young to smoke. Dumbfounded, I informed him of my age. I'm 21 but always getting mistaken for being 14 or 15. It can be annoying, but you get used to it. I doubt it will last long, anyway, if I keep smoking the way I do. I must admit, however, it's very amusing when I buy alcohol. Every time I go in the liquor store, the workers give me the stink eye and when I show my ID, they'll double or even triple check it.
  10. Morbituarty

Morbituarty Well-Known Member

Many people think I'm lying to them when I say I'm 32.
  11. FkMyLife

FkMyLife Active Member

If I looked my age I'd be the happiest kid on earth
  12. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I'm not sure. I don't really know what my age (50+) is supposed to look like. :laugh:
  13. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

Nope.....I look a damned site older.
    Wizzen'd is how I'd describe myself, bloody ugly is how others describe me:02.47-tranquillity:
  14. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Guess I 65 clear signs have seen better days.. Lol
  15. tness

tness Well-Known Member

I look 5-6 years younger.
  16. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

A lot of people assume I'm younger than 25.
  17. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I've always looked older than my age... as a teenager, I was always the one they sent to buy cigarettes and alcohol (and I usually got away with it, too). I'm 33 now, but I probably look like I'm 45. Hair is going grey, even my chest and facial hair are starting to go grey. The worst part is that I still have acne. I always thought that, at least when I started to look old, my acne would be gone. I was wrong. Looks like I'll be balding, grey haired, wrinkled, and still covered in acne. Oh joy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.