Do you need to have a job (Money) to be attractive?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Jonathan, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

Seeing as I've never had a real relationship, I want to ask, do you need money to be more attractive to girls in general?

I don't have much money and I'm 19 living in a country where I can't work. I have a small amount of money which I'm living on which I worked hard for.

But the one thing I want is a secure job while also learning Chinese to pay for it in university. But I'm not allowed to work here unless I get a hold of a company who will sponsor me to work for them. But seeing as I live in a country where everyone speaks Chinese and English teaching jobs aren't secure if you don't have a degree, I have a problem.

So do girls generally like people who are secure, or can you just be a really nice and funny person and they'll still like you, even though you aren't secure in terms of money?

2. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

My boyfriend is a student with pretty much no money, but he is kind and funny and gorgeous and I absolutely adore him.

There must be plent of women like me who don't find money important, so don't give up :)
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sure there are some girls out there who do feel that money's important, but there are also a LOT of us who feel that it doesn't matter how much money someone has.
  4. Jonathan

But wouldn't you rather someone who is more financially secure than one who is not?

I guess I would too, it brings up hope for a better future if you are going to take the relationship seriously.
  5. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Money can't buy happiness.
    Everything that is priceless can never be bought.
    Beauty comes from within it can't be purchased from a store.
    I would want a woman to want me for being me not what i could buy for them.
    This is the first time in my life that i have no money and i have never liked myself more.
    Its what you do today that counts, thats what will make your future.
    Do not seek wealth, seek contentment and a love for yourself, then you will be far richer than you could ever have dreamed of.
  6. LipsOfDeceit

LipsOfDeceit Well-Known Member

If it was a middle-aged man, I'll want him to be financially independent/secure. I mean, I'm not saying he must be rich but I don't wanna date a guy who has to depend on me for my money at that age. However, you're only 19 so girls probably won't see money as a factor at that age (unless they're shallow).
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It depends on the girl. If they're the "let's go out all the time!" type you're in trouble. My girlfriends have been the mostly-staying-in type, which means that even on a meager budget dates were possible. I think that's where it matters most... If she wants a constant shower of gifts she's probably shallow and you shouldn't waste your time on her.
  8. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

In answer to the OP....No, but it sure does help!!!!
  9. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

^^ Like Aaron said, sure does help. Think when you're younger it doesn't matter as much whether or not you have much money, figure the older you get the chances are better it may come your way. Though once having a job that paid fairly well it still didn't help me to attract a woman,:zombie: think there's also other things that come into play when you get older, $$ is only one of them.:robin:
  10. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

Nobody would like to admit to this as it makes them look shallow. However when I have seen any kind of tests done on the subject women are more likely to go for successful men just as men are more likely to go for attractive women. I was getting some PM's on another forum and as soon as I mentioned I had been made redundant she never contacted me again. Not all people are like this of course but I think its still more likely. Men, I fear are stll seen as the breadwinner and provider so an unemployed one is seen as a loser to be avoided.Unemployed women are never looked down upon in the same way.
  11. Jonathan

Thank you for the replies.

I guess I would feel more confident if I had a job. Ahh god I wish I had my own place thinking of it now then I could be finally free and totally independent.

I hope you guys are right.

Also I know money can't buy happiness. But if you are for example have a really good relationship then money sure does help if you like exploring or going dates.
  12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Money's always good even when you don't necessarily need it. Get a job, it'll do you good.
  13. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

At least for me, if I'm going to take the relationship seriously, I'm also going to take seriously the fact that it's not only up to the guy to earn money. If I were to the point of being that serious with him, I'd assume we'd be working together to earn the money we needed.