Do you parents love you?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Disappear, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

Never once in my life have my parents said (or shown) that they love me.

I remember about 5 years ago in a health class the subject of emotional support and love came up. I told my friend my parent's never said they loved me, she said they of course they do, and suggested I say 'i love you' to them. I said 'i love you' one night to my mother, she said 'oh ok...thanks?', then left the room. This shattered my heart, because from that moment on I knew she never loved me. I promised I would never say that again to them, and I've stuck to it. I don't love them anyway.
    Not being loved by the people who are suppose to love you (parents!), just ruins the self esteem of children.

Thanks for nothing parents.

Do your parents love you? Have they actually said it? do you say it to them?
  2. mlxjaded

mlxjaded Well-Known Member

My mom loves me. Although sometimes we get into little arguments, I know deep down she loves me. I love her too. And even though I hate some of the things she does, I would never ask for another mother.

My father on the other hand, he doesn't love me. I don't blame him, though.
    I wouldn't love me either.
  3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Eh. I don't doubt they love me, but they have a surefire way of not expressing it in the best way for the life of 'em. My antagonistic, psychotic mother loves me, but this does nothing for me when she's never affectionate, rarely complimenting, and depressed her damn self. This worked wonders on me as a young child, and now, I have no ability to effectively bond with others, making me feel like an outsider. Thanks, mom.

On the other hand, my dad's love is a lot better. Though, he and my mother haven't been married nor living together for some 30 years or so. These idiots adopted me at infancy from a homeless crackhead, who was a friend of theirs, even though they were completely unfit to be parents! Eh, enough about me.

Maybe your mom was treated that way when she was young, too, thereby causing her to be unable to show love, since she's probably never received it. If she's anything like my mother, she won't even want to talk about it with you if you have a sit-down to try and discuss her past so that you both can have some greater understanding of where the other is coming from.
  4. 1victor

1victor Well-Known Member

Yes, my parents love/loved (my father is dead) me. The first time they actually said the words I was around 35, I think. I was married, had children and ignored them (parents) as much as I could. That's should be understandable, I had my own life. I guess, this fact had positive impact on them.

Some people have trouble with shown emotions.
    Some nations have it in their culture.
    I am sure they love you.
    You just have to read the signs.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
  5. Sparklemama

Sparklemama Well-Known Member

My parents are the same way and they do not tell me they love me, however the couple of times I have said I love you to my mom I have gotten a weak 'I love you too" back.I do not doubt that my mother loves me she just doesn't like showing it and think she sees it as a sign of weakness or something.Sometimes I truly feel that she chooses my father over her own children 99 percent of the time and sometimes I just wish she was a stronger person but otherwise I do love her even though we argue alot.
    As for my dad ehhh fuck him!
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Nope no love shown in my family when we were growing up..Now that they are in there late 70's they all of sudden tell you they love you..Sounds more like a guilty concouis to me..Supposeivly they have made there peace and are ready to die now..
  7. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Have no idea.
  8. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

My legal father was psychocologicalled and emotionally abusiveHe touched me once when I was 8. I've never seen him again.

My mother died when I was 11. She never showed me love, no hugs, no words. I found myself a lot alone.

My possibly bio father abandoned me before birth...

So I think the answer is no.
  9. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

They love me very much, unfortunately.
  10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I know my dad loves me, he often says I mean the world to him.
    Don't think my mum does though.
  11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

My father doesnt understand the concept of love, due to his brain injury he suffered while in prison.

My mother shouldnt.
  12. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

they hate me im sure of that...they never show love in anyway...since i was child and always hear them " hope you die soon and releive from you" i also since i was child tell now they cant look to my face...they avoid seeing me eyes to eyes.....ofcourse i dont blam them at so ugly failiare retarted...if i were them,ill do the noproblem :(
  13. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

they love me a lot as i do them. i wish i could make them proud

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

my parents never said they loved either my sister or myself.
    being almost 50 now ... it doesnt really matter anymore.
  15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Disappear, that is rough. I am really sorry. I think all of our parents have screwed us up to some extent.
    I have never felt loved from mine although they've tried to show it.
  16. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

my parents love me and i love them and we tell each other
  17. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

i second that.
  18. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i agree indeed :'(
  19. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Am I the only one here with loving parents?
    I wish you could have the same :mellow:
  20. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

My mom loves me so much, it sometimes is a bad thing.

My "dad" neglected me so I am no longer in contact with him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.