Do you push other people away? Why?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by StarryNightSky, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

I always feel like I need to push people away, or run away from them. Anyone else here feel like that?

2. music_lover16

music_lover16 Member

i feel like that too. i usually push people away because i never want to bring them down, and i never want to get close to someone who will leave

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

oh yes all time because it hurts to much to have people care.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I do, but i am working on opening up to people.

I have a fear of abandonment.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

yes I do...I don't keep friends long...I always seem to get hurt and leave.

6. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

I'm afraid of the attention.
    I'm not used to it. Mines fear of embarassment.
    afraid of saying too much...
    And I seem to have no problem with coffee talk..
    But anything past that is where I start to avoid people.
    Its a scary and lonely thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2010
  7. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Yes, it usually arises as anger. I'll swear at all my immediate family members and just stay away from them. At school I just sit in the library reading books, no one seems to really piss me off then.

I'm scared of being embarrassed, ashamed, just rejected. If I never try I never fail, I guess. Plus it's mixed in with some social anxiety and introversion(lol?), so it can be hard to do anything.

8. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

pushed people awya becauase i love them
    now i push anyone ayway because i cant trust them.

sucks but its true.

9. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I get close to people, but then I feel guilty about telling them about my problems, and then I feel awkward around them. So I run away from them, telling myself that it's going to happen again, that I'll stop talking. But I don't learn from my mistakes though. :unsure:

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I would never date someone, because everyone I care about should date somebody better than me. And I would never make friends with anyone, because they should make better friends than me.

11. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

I have done it, I wanna die alone. Would have to much guild for leaving them just standing while I'm going, that is a real cruel thought.

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Yup i do. The number of time i've block, deleted people on my msn....is terrible >.<
    I have presently 9 people on my allowed list and 63 people i've blocked on my msn.... :blink: Not to mention i've deleted about 30 people on my Sf friend list. I don't know why i do it. I just sometime feel either we have a connection or we don't? meh

13. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I let someone in, and it was certainly worth the pain I'm still going through, however, I'll never do it again. Having someone leave is the hardest thing someone would have to deal with, especially when you care more than anything for them. There's that, but also the fact that if you're not close to anyone, things are easier to deal with. Not caring makes life just that little bit easier.

Also, if one day you did actually go through with it, there'd be nobody around to care, so you'd not be leaving anyone behind.

14. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Yes i do
    I dont know why though

15. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

I used to. I alot of people I've goten close to have left me before in varius ways. And I also felt that people were out to get me and that it was better to keep them away than have them hurt me later. I say used to because i've started trying my hardest to give people the benifit of the doubt, so far so good actually...

16. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

All the time cause Im a fuckin' idiot. And im clearly not good enough for anyone anyways.

17. assek

assek Well-Known Member

yes i do... not sure why, i think its because i like being alone. and i tend to hurt the people that try to help me...

18. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

always push people away when they get too close becuase it hurts toomuch i am better on my own

19. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

Yes, I always do that because I get sick of the pain people bring me and the pain I bring them.
    I also do it when I need to clear my mind from it all for a while since it never ends.

20. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I dont think your an idiot:hugtackles:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.