Do you rate threads?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by plates, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I'm curious. Who rates threads on this forum? Do you rate your own threads made in this subforum, or as a whole, and on what basis, do you rate a thread?
  2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

Personally i dont rate threads..
  3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

This thread has got two (edit: it's now THREE), votes resulting in 3 (edit: FOUR) stars so soon! :D What I've noticed is one vote determines lets say- a 5 star thread, and I was curious if it was the OP rating their own thread or somebody else. :mellow: Sometimes ya get a 1 star thread or a 3 star thread with only 1 vote- and again, I was just wondering if there's somebody who loves rating threads here.

I personally don't.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

This site shouldn't be about how popular you are, how many friends you have, how many replies you get, how many stars you're rated. It sometimes feels that way, but that's all bullshit. I think it's simply about being you.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I know what you mean- all that never bothered me, but I've been recently putting my mouse over the 'star' rating on here and realised the number of people actually rating threads is one or two people. This thread isn't entirely serious, I'm just curious. :smile:
  6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I rate many threads.
  7. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I gave this thread a shiny gold star:sheep2:
  8. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I never noticed that actually... and I've been here a few years...
  9. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I've rated one or two threads, but not many, just ones i like.. it seems to be too insulting if someone gives you a bad rating IMO
  10. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I don't rate threads usually. But i do "counter-rate" if someone give a poor rate on a certain thread that i like.
  11. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Same. I don't rate very much, just ones I like.
  12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:D thanks for your thoughts and the shiny gold star.

Yeah that was what I was thinking about mysheep especially if it's a crisis thread or something really emotionally charged/personal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.