Do you really feel that a way??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daphna

Ninja of light
If people have labeled you, "mentally ill." Do you believe that you are truly sick in the head? If they told you that you are unfit to function in society unless you are zombied out on prescription drugs, do you truly believe it?
If you answered yes to one or both of these questions please answer the following.

When someone comes to you and tells you that they have found a cure to all your woes and it's free. Would you accept this as easily as the previous two statements? Why or why not?

Especially when the individual had been where you are and is living proof that this free cure is legit?

I thank you for your time. Peace.

aqua

Banned Member
I believe it, its not just because someone diagnosed me with schizophrenia but because I have been living in torment for about 3 weeks now, hearing things and seeing things, that is not normal. I don't know if I would accept it because so far nothing is free, and not even the medications can cure me, they just help me a bit,

emily83

i believe that the term, "mentally ill", is sometimes over used and over thought

not everyone with a mental illness is unfit to function- i mean take a look at some of the famous people throughout history. same with sick in the head. just because you're mentally ill, it does not mean you're going to go out and kill somebody.. i blame the media for that- how they blame all murders and stuff on mental illness.. it's just too easy.

as for the question, would i take a cure?

i would not. even though i know it would be garanteed to cure me, i wouldn't know how to start living... i mean i've been living ill for so long, that for me it would be like a whole new life to get used to

yoyo79

Banned Member
i believe that the term, "mentally ill", is sometimes over used and over thought

not everyone with a mental illness is unfit to function- i mean take a look at some of the famous people throughout history. same with sick in the head. just because you're mentally ill, it does not mean you're going to go out and kill somebody.. i blame the media for that- how they blame all murders and stuff on mental illness.. it's just too easy.

as for the question, would i take a cure?

i would not. even though i know it would be garanteed to cure me, i wouldn't know how to start living... i mean i've been living ill for so long, that for me it would be like a whole new life to get used to

I read this post then your comment really got me thinking Emily, in the times when I feel more peaceful I am so grateful, I often don't even move to stop the feelings changing back to distressed & scared again, I so love when I feel my peaceful warmer self. I try to do 'functional' things in the more peaceful times, but I've been seeing that I just don't know how to live because I've never really had the opportunity to, I've never made friends before, or not friendships that I maintain, so it's like being a child, having to learn and try understand what life is and how do I want mine to be, how to make friends instead of always being alone and scared of people. It's a tough question, but I believe and so very much hope learning to live is a better option, even though it brings struggles & pain, it has to be the more hopeful & likely path to getting well and having a good life?

If someone offered me a cure, to be free of torment and be able to live, I'd take it! - unless it meant selling my soul to the devil!

But, the cure is hard work & determination to be better & not listening to the dark, self destructive thoughts!

Daphna

Ninja of light
Emily- You said you wouldn't take it because you would have to get used to a whole new life.

My comment on that is this:
That's the best part! Experiencing joy and living life free from the shackles of mental distress is fabulous!! :) It's like finally having unwanted weight lifted off of your being. Freedom! Happiness!! Joy!!

Ok I will tone it down now. When life is great you don't ever want it to stop. The door of possibilities opens and you can do EVERY thing you have always wanted to do and more. Don't be afraid of change girl. Change is the best medicine, and its free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00