Do you REALLY think that it will get better for people who want to die?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Crapola, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crapola

Crapola Account Closed

While I haven't posted here before, I have been following this and other forums
    that have suicide threads relatively close, and I have always seen people saying that suicide is not the way, that things will get better eventually.

My question is: Do you really think that?

Because I don't. I have suicidal thoughts too, and I am seriously thinking of doing it, because I KNOW that for me at least it won't get better.
    I'll give myself as an example:

I am a loser. Nobody likes me and I am unable to have proper conversations with people. I am a guy, 20 years old, and I don't have any friends.
    I have always been alone. I never went out with people or ever had a gf and I am also underachieving in school.

I don't want to go into many details, but what I'm geting at is that things won't get better. I will always be alone, ignored by everyone, a chore to my parents, and a failure on a profesional level. And I am also ugly and impotent(yeah), so stuff won't be geting better on an intimate level either.

And I accept that. I know I was born to fail, and I am ready to end it, because I know for a fact that things can't get better. I have searched about incels, and I saw people just like me that are in their 40s and 50s that are alone, unwanted and barely make any money to pay their bills, let alone afford video games( the only thing thay still brings me joy).

In my case, not killing myself would only make things worse.

That's why I'm asking if you truly believe what you are saying, and why.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and Welcome...Firstly, I do not believe in magic, but I do believe that there are several viable treatments for depression and accompanying conditions...it takes work and the perception that one can change...as it is often said, the person has to want it and work towards that goal...sorry you do not feel that same right now...I wonder what care you have afforded yourself, and what you experiences have been...welcome again

3. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I think people say it to try and make the person feel better, however it's impossible to know that things won't get better because that would be predicting the future and no one can do that, some do but it's a complete coincidence.

There is a chance that things will get better, regardless if you believe it won't.

4. Theboywhotalk

Theboywhotalk New Member

Yes I feel it would be better to die!

5. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I think people who say they know things will get better for people are full of shit because they don't know a damn thing about that person. Some things just don't get any better. But the situation you describe, I do believe has the POTENTIAL to get better if you work on fixing it. Is it a guarantee that it will pay off? No. But you should try anyway. Suicide should be a last resort. Don't end it if it's not.

6. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

I would consider myself to be suicidal and pretty damned depressed, but I do think that life can get better for everyone. It's not going to happen over night, unless you win the lottery, change takes time and effort. You're only 20, you're young and have plenty of time to get your life on track and going in the direction you want it to go. You say you like video games, I love them too, have you ever thought of maybe getting into the industry? There's plenty of positions that need to be filled and money to be made in gaming. Chin up, grab life by the balls and you will find happiness.

7. alixer

alixer Active Member

I can tell you they do get better. I tried to kill myself in 2008. When the attempt failed, I went on a crazy adventure with the idea of trying again later. I thought, if I'm going to kill myself, I might as well have fun one last time. I had such a good time I no longer had a strong reason to kill myself. Of course, I'm back to square 1, but not because it can't get better but because I got myself into a similar situation to the one that got me in trouble in the first place. I've left this new situation. My situation is complicated by back pain that's harder to escape. But things can get better. Sometimes it just takes running from everything that's hurting you.

8. Crashland

Crashland Well-Known Member

Yes, Crapola, things do get better in time, even without therapy or any direct way of addressing your problems.

I don't mean you shouldn't seek help; please DO so! I only want to say (without being too patronizing - hopefully) that sharp edges get rounded with time and a growing capacity for acceptance means more resiliance towards whatever life chooses to throw at you.

9. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. Glad you posted.

Let me start off with this: you said you " know" nothing will get better for you, but you don't. It's impossible to know, with absolute certainty, what the future will hold. Also, you said that you were " born to fail." That's also untrue. People aren't born with any specific purpose in life.

And to answer your question: Yes, life will get better. Life is a nightmare riddled with opportunities to fail. However, there are naturally high points in everyone's life. Life can be happy, but it takes work. Only those who achieve success through effort have happy existences. So my advice to you is this: Try harder, go out and meet people. Try to do soemthing about all of the things that have you feeling like life is a waste of time. I honestly believe I is the most difficult thing I the world to accomplish. If you're really dead set on dying, then nothing anyone has said will stop you, but life can get better for you.

10. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Whilst I cannot know for certain things will get better - from personal experience I know things CAN get better. And that that is easier to accomplish than it seems.

11. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

You just can't generalise,for some things could get better and for others there's no chance. It all depends on the hand you've been dealt. I think most people will know in their heart If it's possible to turn things around or not.

12. tudor_77

tudor_77 Member

I think for people with severe depression and/or terrible life situations there is always the possibility that things will improve and that potential future happiness is always worth fighting for. However, if someone had a serious and uncurable disease like Multiple Sclerosis or something like that, and didnt want live as a cripple who needs to depend on others, then there is no point trying to convince them that things will get better.

13. pppqp

pppqp Well-Known Member

to me, it's just a cliche
    aha, you can't generalize
    if you want to die because life circumstances or people have let you down, yes.. things can get better.
    but if the root cause of all your problems is yourself, no...there's no escape.. no other way out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.