Do you really wanna know me?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by not2serene, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not2serene

not2serene Member

Hi, I'm new here. Just wanted to give a brief intro & "hello".

Do you really wanna know me? Many think I'm complicated & difficult. I often don't know even what to say, but gonna try if you'll listen. Thanks.

I've struggled w/ depression much of my life. Lots of things added to it....abuse, family history, bad relationships, being a loner, being made fun of, ect. I won't go into it all here...maybe more later.

I've been hospitalized before...been on many different meds...therapy (group & individual). Have attempted suicide before & am considering now (have method, gathering means, making final arrangements), but am not sure. I have a cat who I love & is very attached to me but doesn't get along well w/others. My faith & fear of hell hold me back. But, don't know if I can keep going on.

Will things ever get better? Will I ever be happy? The promise of tomorrow seems less & less.

I also fight an eating disorder, PTSD, insomnia, fear, & anxiety. But, am tired of fighting.

I don't want to go on, but there'a a part of me that just isn't quite ready to let go. I'm afraid...things are getting overwhelming.

Ok...enough for now. So, do you really wanna know me?

2. Lps

Lps Well-Known Member

hey :)

Theres lots of people here who want to know you. and you don't have to be fake or pretend you're feeling great! Just talk & let some pressure off your heart.
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF - (ok if I call you Serena?)......... we are complex beings who believe life should be straightforward, but it never is and we find we need more resources to cope with this and when things go wrong. This is a wonderful place for exploring all of this and letting it all out with no judgement or criticism honey. We look forward to getting to know you, really!! :)
  4. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Not2' thanks for your intro post.. You said just enuf to really catch got some things in common with you.. If fear of hell keeps you and alive here with us guess it works for now..

You asked if things ever get better.. Yes hon sometimes they do.. Really they can do.. First we are a friendly bunch here..we don't bite or judge.. You made the first step by joining and posting.. Look aroun some at all the forums..maybe a few will hit a chord for you.. Chat rooms usually occupied also..

Take your own time and any questions let us know..hope to hear from you again..TC, Jim
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI welcome to SF stick around and get to know all of us hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.