Do you self harm?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by mixedemotions, Nov 15, 2008.

Do you self harm?

1. yes

90 vote(s)
  2. no

6 vote(s)
  3. no, but have throught about it

6 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

Hello all, I was just thinking to my self recently, how many people on the site do generally self harm?

I'm not ashamed to say that I do, and just wonder who else does?

you dont have to leave a comment, but answer the poll please...
  2. Nicole_O91

Nicole_O91 Active Member

Yeah, I do, but unlike you, I'm ashamed to admit it, to anyone other than internet people.
  3. mixedemotions

I don't go around telling every one. Only people I can truely trust. two of my close friends know and my sister. that is it..
  4. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Where is option not anymore?
  5. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I did at one point in my life, considering doing it again.
  6. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I used to. Now I just think about it a lot.
  7. I did but its becoming an option again.
  8. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I use it as a coping method when I'm suicidal. It's a last resort before anything really ugly. I'm very open about the scars and practice--it's part of who I am. Plus it gives me artistic street cred... now if only I get put in a hospital...

Bad habit though. Like smoking or drinking.
  9. mixedemotions

try not to start again :hug: I didn't cut for a long time and then i started again... i regret it so much
  10. Black_rainbow

Black_rainbow Well-Known Member

hmm, lemme get this right, you like to show people your scars and think it gives you artistic street cred??? :blink: something here doesnt sound right
  11. jam1e

jam1e Guest

jameslyons.. I'm very open about the scars and practice--it's part of who I am. Plus it gives me artistic street cred... now if only I get put in a hospital...

I'm not ashamed of what i have done and yes it is a copy mechanism, but i fail to see how it amounts to be "artistic"?

But saying that, each to there own!!!:blink:
  12. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I used to think self harm was just cutting, but now I see many ways that I self harm which do not involve cutting, so I voted yes.
  13. emsjim

emsjim Member

I do an I am ashamed to say I do and I has been getting more serious. My scars upset me and I have been judged by them.
  14. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

ive done it for nearly 8 years, i too am ashamed to admit it to people face to face, but here i can say it...
  15. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I have never self harmed and I doubt that I ever will.
  16. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I think they were saying more that they aren't ashamed to tell people why they have them some people do beiw it as artistic when you explain to them like the depth of emotion you felt and so on...yeah :blink:
  17. Driretlanii

Driretlanii Active Member

I do, for about 16 years now... but I hide my scars from anyone... Still, I admit it to anyone who asks... Very confuse.
  18. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I have been doing it for three years this christmas. About the same length i've been on the site xD
    I don't particularly like it, and feel ashamed of the scars after, and it's a b**ch hiding them from parents and cousins and such like. But its a realese, and it's an addicted and i can't stop right now. Can't or won't? Hmm...
  19. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

It never helped me nearly as much as alcohol and vanity.
  20. mixedemotions

I realised once I had made the poll that I should of put an "not any more option." But it was to late once i realised.

I will try to change the poll so it has an extra option
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.