• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Do you show these symptoms of depression?

Waves

Which of these are you?

sleep in street clothes
Shower 1-2 times a week
Prefer sponge baths
Wash hair maybe once a week
Sit in car texting or surfing outside home
Cut hair maybe once a year
Leave nonperishables on counter
Don’t iron clothes
Wear same clothes two days in a row
Lay in bed and don’t eat
Don’t cook
Eat cookie dough
Feel rejected but reject invitations
Wash car 2-3 times a year
Dress to go and lay in bed for 30 minutes
Hurts to spend money

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Not sure these are all signs of depression ha I haven't ironed clothes in years! Why bother? And eating cookie dough? That's a thing right?

I get the idea though. Not taking care of yourself as well as you should leads to more things which leads to more things.

shattered dreams

My scars are healed, doesnt mean the pain is gone
sleep in street clothes
Shower 1-2 times a week
Prefer sponge baths
Wash hair maybe once a week
Sit in car texting or surfing outside home
Cut hair maybe once a year
Leave nonperishables on counter
Don’t iron clothes
Wear same clothes two days in a row
Lay in bed and don’t eat I only eat because my wife cooks for me, and yes I lay in bed a lot
Don’t cook
Eat cookie dough OMG not even an hour ago I was at the store getting a big fat roll of toll house cookie dough
Feel rejected but reject invitations
Wash car 2-3 times a year
Dress to go and lay in bed for 30 minutes
Hurts to spend money

I can say yes to most all of the above.
I have major depression w/psychosis and it can be very debilitating

Gonz

sick and tired of being sick and tired
At various times, some or all of those things are true of me. I think they all basically represent a lack of self-care.

You can generally track my level of depression just by looking at my hair and beard. If I'm neatly groomed, I'm probably doing okay for the moment. The more depressed I am, the less I care, so the longer and more unkempt they get.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
letting your nails grow into claws
not getting up to lock the doors because you cba
not doing laundry
not returning a text for so long that you finally just delete it

Waves

Oh yes not returning texts
Not doing laundry or dishes yes
Not wanting to look at email
Can’t do Facebook
Avoid news and television programs especially reality shows
Planning to do things tomorrow and not

BarryW

SF Supporter
All of these yes!!

Oh yes not returning texts I got rid of my phone and don't text anymore. Have a phone I can activate in case of emergency but gave no one the number.
Not doing laundry or dishes yes So easy to just delay it it a day. or two. more so with laundry than dishes for me
Not wanting to look at email I am often worried what triggering email I get. In the past I had separate email accounts for business vs personal so I would know the 'danger level' when checking email.
Can’t do Facebook No account, keeping it that way.
Avoid news and television programs especially reality shows 100%. Frankly I find out about some news when I see there is a new forum thread by staff on SF stating a discussion policy about a new topic.
Planning to do things tomorrow and not Story of my life. If you find out how to fix this let me know please :)

We are living a similar life Waves, in these regards anyway.
Stay strong over there.

Dark111

Scholar's Mate
SF Supporter
I'm also curious about the psychological symptoms people are experiencing, particularly the types and strength of certain emotions flitting around. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about acting out any of these emotions or anything behavioural.

Anyone ever feel any destructive or violent urges and if so where do you experience them in your body?
How intense do they get?
Do you feel them always there, just simmering beneath all the other muck of depression or do they materialize very suddenly?

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

§ Eclectic nutbag ©
SF Supporter
sleep in street clothes...Depends how tired I am.
Shower 1-2 times a week...I've always been one of those people who has to shower daily. Probably too much, I'm not sure.
Prefer sponge baths...Not sure if I ever had one. Maybe when I was a kid and really sick.
Wash hair maybe once a week...I wash it maybe twice a week, pretty much every other day.
Sit in car texting or surfing outside home...Well I don't have a car but sometimes I like doing things on the phone so I don't have to talk to people.
Cut hair maybe once a year..It's been several years for me but then I prefer it longer.
Leave nonperishables on counter...I do this if there's not enough room or I don't have the energy.
Don’t iron clothes...Not sure if I've ever ironed my clothes at all. We only owned an iron when I was a kid. But I don't care too much if my clothes are wrinkled.
Wear same clothes two days in a row...I wore the same shirt and pants for 2 weeks when I was younger. Not sure why I did that.
Lay in bed and don’t eat..Lately I can stay in bed for an entire day at a time, so I can go a while without eating or even drinking anything.
Don’t cook...I usually can't be bothered to cook, so I just make something simple.
Eat cookie dough...I usually don't eat the raw dough but I like cookie dough ice cream.
Feel rejected but reject invitations...I feel rejected often and I don't get invitations to do anything.
Wash car 2-3 times a year...I probably wouldn't wash my car much if I had one.
Dress to go and lay in bed for 30 minutes...Sometimes I have to rest even after I shower because I'm out of breath and my heart is racing. Depends how much motivation I have.
Hurts to spend money...It doesn't really hurt, I feel like I may spend it foolishly though.

Waves

sleep in street clothes...Depends how tired I am.
Shower 1-2 times a week...I've always been one of those people who has to shower daily. Probably too much, I'm not sure.
Prefer sponge baths...Not sure if I ever had one. Maybe when I was a kid and really sick.
Wash hair maybe once a week...I wash it maybe twice a week, pretty much every other day.
Sit in car texting or surfing outside home...Well I don't have a car but sometimes I like doing things on the phone so I don't have to talk to people.
Cut hair maybe once a year..It's been several years for me but then I prefer it longer.
Leave nonperishables on counter...I do this if there's not enough room or I don't have the energy.
Don’t iron clothes...Not sure if I've ever ironed my clothes at all. We only owned an iron when I was a kid. But I don't care too much if my clothes are wrinkled.
Wear same clothes two days in a row...I wore the same shirt and pants for 2 weeks when I was younger. Not sure why I did that.
Lay in bed and don’t eat..Lately I can stay in bed for an entire day at a time, so I can go a while without eating or even drinking anything.
Don’t cook...I usually can't be bothered to cook, so I just make something simple.
Eat cookie dough...I usually don't eat the raw dough but I like cookie dough ice cream.
Feel rejected but reject invitations...I feel rejected often and I don't get invitations to do anything.
Wash car 2-3 times a year...I probably wouldn't wash my car much if I had one.
Dress to go and lay in bed for 30 minutes...Sometimes I have to rest even after I shower because I'm out of breath and my heart is racing. Depends how much motivation I have.
Hurts to spend money...It doesn't really hurt, I feel like I may spend it foolishly though.
You are doing ok kiddo. 😊. Good to hear from you.

Marga

A lot of these signs have something to do with self-care and definitely, that's what happens when I am depressed. I take less care of myself, my home, etc. It costs me more effort to do these things. I also tend to postpone and procrastinate a lot more.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00