Do you show your emotions?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by TWF, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I was thinking today, I always get told to cheer up... Altough I try not to show my emotions trough my actions and body they can always be seen on my face no matter how hard I try to block it. That's why I always get people telling me to cheer up and "Look at the bright side", to which I usually reply "Oops I dont have one unlike you".

So how do you show your emotions? Theres many ways like face, body language, speech, conversation and behaviour or maybe you hide them.
  2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I have learn that when i am at public space i do not have face or body at all. I can just look without hear nothing, see nothing, i do not say anything, my face not move, my eyes not move. I am living dead. That is my way avoid troubles. :alien:
  3. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I find that because I'm always having to control my feelings, I come across as uptight and tense and people tend to assume I'm angry - which only makes me more defensive and them more convinced I'm angry and so on and so forth...

Wouldn't it be great if we lived in a world where it was ok to show what we felt?
  4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Well, I do express my "real" emotions at home. But never at school. I have learned how to hide them throughout the day but I often go home crying. It's very hard trying to push them away
  5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I know that most people are trying to be helpful or friendly when they say things like, "Cheer Up," and such but it really bugs me and sometimes it downright pisses me off totally.

I try to stop it where it stands by saying, "thank you."

Some people won't let it go. If I'm not in a position to walk away, I give them my cold look and don't respond.
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am often on the verge of tears and if someone really looked into my eyes I guess they would see but most often they don't.
    Other than that I am good at faking my way through conversations... laughing when I'm supposed to etc. Most people don't see through the superficial bullshit that I dish out often.
    Unless I'm drunk. Then I feel that I actually have emotions.
  7. cofmadness

cofmadness Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel the same way. and also I can't hide my emotions even though sometimes I wish I could it just shows very strongly, can even hear it in my voice...
  8. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

I force myself to put a smile on for people around me & be ""happy""
    Behind closed doors different
  9. Zaparc©

Zaparc© Active Member

I tend to mask my real emotions with a smile, but it is extremely hard. I only show my "real" emotions at home, or while in the company of a few close friends, who like me, also have depression issues. Like many of you, I also get told to cheer up, and share your anger. I'm sure their intentions are good, but they need to feel what it's like to be us; feel the emotions we do, and then I'm sure they'd realize that it takes a lot more than words to cheer us up.
  10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Same here
  11. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i dont like to... i hate my emotions. why should i be at the mercy of my feelings?
  12. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

Not always, I have been trying to A little more as of late though
  13. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Not at all. Even when I am manic, I appear emotionless.
  14. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

always try to smile whistle sing anything to not show whats inside
  15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Lord no. To anyone around me, I'm an enthusiastic if exhausted mechanical engineering student at the University of Toronto.

Really, though, I failed out last year, I maintain no hope, and am planning to off myself by Christmas.
  16. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I used to show my emotions but now I am not allowed to show my emotions because I dont want to go to jail
  17. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

People always tell me to put a smile and so on. To be honest i try and hide my emotions or appear happy. In reality though i'm not happy at all.
  18. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

A champ at bottling up...
  19. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am always masking. Most people think I am a happy person.
  20. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

i choose which motions i want to show, though sometimes it is hard to hide the ones you don't want to show
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.