Do you sometimes think about the deceptive nature of people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnerStrength

I always think that people that say benevolent things to me are lying, out of sheer politeness, because they wear that social veil that represents most of humanity. On the flip side of the coin, those that knowingly say cruel things, might be saying what the polite merely wish they could say.

Does anyone else ever think like this?, I don't trust anybody, even members of my own family.

sunshinesblack

yes i think like this alot :(

was going to post a long negative post but it would have probably been another thread kill of mine lol

so ...my experience that at first was just a fear and now its facts is, I should have not trusted my family, and that damaged people dont like reality nor do parents like to think that they have a extremely issued kid they dont have the resources to help (if they care about him).

My personal experience was polite people r either vulnerable emotionally and want to keep a numb environment around them or are not that able to judge reality (and listen to the first lol )and rely on mantras/religion/prejudgments/motivational speeches/self help books to cope with life instead of actually tryign to understand.

jota1

I always think that people that say benevolent things to me are lying, out of sheer politeness, because they wear that social veil that represents most of humanity. On the flip side of the coin, those that knowingly say cruel things, might be saying what the polite merely wish they could say.

Does anyone else ever think like this?, I don't trust anybody, even members of my own family.
The UK has produced a lot of those sub-species in the last decade, its called hypocrisy. Doo-gooders are especialy versitile in that world. Their mission to fill the world with PC, sensitivity training and dare I say it.... Abolish any type of religion/ faith and Homogenise society.

If someone is your true friend they will tell it as it is. They may be softer or harder telling you the same thing, nevertheless they will say it. The other sub-species will be overly polite and, very PC but will say one thing and think another.

When you see someone being like that its because they have an agenda and they are not being themselves. However there are a few kind souls out there, distrust everyone untill you can prove your wrong but make sure you dont loose the Gem just because its in the middle of a pile of Fools Gold.

sunshinesblack

Funny, I came to the site tonight thinking the SAME thing about those in my life.
I come to the site every night with that in my head lol

Though dunno what any stranger could get from u by acting benevolent, unless u seam a threat to him? or seams like u r looking for compliments and wants to use u with that. Or guess they r just trying to control your behavior , sigh am getting more and more paranoid

bhawk

this is why my lifes work is dedicated to animals....a falcon will never lie to you

Everyone lies.
This is ingrained in my mind. and is my belief, and I have only come across one person so far that hasnt lied around me, infront of me, or to me. But this doesnt mean he doesnt lie to others or when i am not around.

People lie, wether to be nice, cause they dont want to tell you you look shit, or are pissing them off.
Or lie to gain attention and sympathy because they dont get enough from the people who should give it (parents/friends/peers who should care)

This is just my experiences in life and my beliefs. doesnt mean its all set in stone and my word is law. [just incase i get jumped on again for posting my feelings :smile: ]

bluegrey

Antiquities Friend
Some people are almost genetically nice and wishing of the best and then other people who are being polite and considerate who have themselves suffered tremendously so their empathy came from hard knocks. I believe they are the minority but there are also the "nice" people who have anger and pettiness in their hearts. Thank God they are, I think, in the minority.

doityourself

Some people are almost genetically nice and wishing of the best and then other people who are being polite and considerate who have themselves suffered tremendously so their empathy came from hard knocks. I believe they are the minority but there are also the "nice" people who have anger and pettiness in their hearts. Thank God they are, I think, in the minority.
This could be me^^^^^ I hate to see anyone hurt but there are some things in life that are not good that bring me joy.

icequeen

i am so suspicious of peeps now partic when i found out the hard way i cant
even trust my own blood line and now i dont have the energy to rationalise
that this does not mean i think everyone is bad. i dont mind being a doormat, i just object to peeps continually wiping their feet on me without conscience.

icequeen

i too have no trust in my family but from experience rather that paranoia but then i think if you cant trust your own family who can you trust. it basically comes down to how u are wired, i try not to let others cloud my judgement
but it depends how often and by whom you have been let down. i keep reminding myself that for every bad person you meet you will meet at least one good one so all is not lost, try not to let the bad deflect you from the good.

Chargette

I have seen a lot of deception in people for different reasons. Some okay some not. I am cautious not to count on or get too close to others because of it because some people have hurt me a lot with it more than once.

Anime-Zodiac

I've gone through and to some level am going through this sort of thing.

Some time ago I lost faith and trust in humanity. You start to think negatively about people and lose further faith/trust and thus you get into a spiral.

One of the things you can do, is not think about other people's nature. There will always be those of who look down on others or are deceptive, etc. Don't go down the same route as them or become a product of their negativity.

Conversely, they will always be good, kind people in the world. Even if in your life you have been unlucky in meeting mostly negative people, don't give up or give in.

johnnysays

There was a scientific study performed.. it was an official thing. Conclusion was we lie X amount every hour. It's very normal. They found that we lie so well we believe it. This is the truth. They think that it helped us to evolve and is fundamental to our intelligence. There're also studies that suggest it's impossible for humans to be perfectly rationale. Even scientists are irrational. They have to be obsessive about their work to (partially) protect it from the human mind.

Even with all this craziness we still do well enough for our species to multiply.

And don't tell me animals don't lie. That has to be a joke! You really think they love us? They just want our food and don't have a choice.

NOTE: I am not encouraging others to lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhawk

There was a scientific study performed.. it was an official thing. Conclusion was we lie X amount every hour. It's very normal. They found that we lie so well we believe it. This is the truth. They think that it helped us to evolve and is fundamental to our intelligence. There're also studies that suggest it's impossible for humans to be perfectly rationale. Even scientists are irrational. They have to be obsessive about their work to (partially) protect it from the human mind.

Even with all this craziness we still do well enough for our species to multiply.

And don't tell me animals don't lie. That has to be a joke! You really think they love us? They just want our food and don't have a choice.

NOTE: I am not encouraging others to lie.
No animal has ever said "i love you"
They simply behave and their species behaves. People interpreting that as love is a different matter!
Point to any time an animal has lied?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00