Do you still enjoy sex

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by seithkein, Aug 6, 2009.

1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

Ever since the depression started, I still think about sex from time to time but the medecine just cuts my sex drive to zero. Even when I think about sex, I just don't have the courage to do it. So... my question is, since you became depressed, do you still enjoy sex.
  2. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Still enjoy/want sex - just too terrified of people to follow through. That and panic attacks, which I guess is part of the "too terrified of people" thing.
  3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I don't really enjoy it as such... I still have a sex drive and get up tight without a release... But I make it more about giving pleasure than getting it as not to make any partner unsatisfied...
  4. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I use to enjoy sex, but with my last go at it I was just numb to it. I could still perform, and get it up, but it was just no emotions from me.
  5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I used to, but the meds have seen that away also! My sex drive has gone from sky high to almost non existent. Not that I'm bothered to be honest, I'm single and having no sex drive means I don't miss it at all.
    If I was with somebody then that'd be a problem yes.
  6. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

I was groped by a teacher and a family member as a kid. When I tried to tell my mom she snapped at me so I never told anyone. So I've never enjoyed it and start shaking when I am alone with someone new. I can only date people that are my friends first because I have trust issues. The only time I enjoy sex is when I am way into depression, which is funny but it reminds me I am alive.
  7. Member

I do not enjoy it anymore
  8. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

its been a while. i guess i might
  9. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I enjoy it.
  10. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

When im feeling depressed i suppose i don't enjoy it much at all. Just an emotionless act.
  11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

yes I still enjoy it, except when I get a muscle pull to my abdomen. :tongue:
  12. GS9

GS9 The Lost Boy

lol well going off the last two times i didnt enjoy it,
    I only did for them.. nor did i 'get off' while doing it
  13. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Im not on any depression meds but i have zero sex drive, im lucky i have a very patient, understanding and loving boyfriend but it is straining our relationship ALOT!!! I dont even touch him anymore. Is it because I hate myself??? and think I am ugly?? I dont understand, we are going out nearly 7 yrs and the first 3 yrs we were very active but now .... nothing :(. Is this a normal side affect of depression???
  14. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Never tried :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :puke: :puke:
  15. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

when i was with my ex we had many oppertunities to. but all those times i was to depressed to even think about it. now i have no desire really.
  16. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

i don't enjoy sex... i only enjoyed it the first time...

it has nothing to do with my depression though...

nowadays i only enjoy sex when there's more feeling coming with it/love making really...
  17. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

I enjoy it to much. IT is part of the problem. Although I can now control myself
  18. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I still have a sex drive but I'm alone so....
  19. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!@!