Do you talk to yourself..excessively?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do..almost all the time, I don't hang out w/ ppl cuz I don't know what to say in groups or in conversations. I talk to myself all the time, like when I'm walking to class, when I come back to my dorm, when I study, When I wake up, when i play games. And sometime in public places, its out of control.

I'm like .."how r u today?" " I feel like crap."
"How do I do this question", "maybe I should go to tutorial..no wait, or ask somebody online.."
"I'm so bored there's nothing to do"
"ok..ok, let's see..um..."
"I think I should, no wait...wait, I shouldn't do that.."
.....blah, blah, blah..

:(, and I'm paranoid..I kept on thinking that my classmates are all coming after me, they all want me to fail, cuz we're all graded on a bell curve..you know. So I gota defeat them...I wouldn't lose..I'm ranting..

anyone can relate?

i talk to myself quite a bit too. for the most part, i keep it in my head, but i do talk to my self out loud when i get the particular urge to. mostly, these days though, i talk to my small glow in the dark buddha statue.

i dont think its particularly unhealthy to talk to yourself. a lot of people just like to orate their thoughts. who knows, maybe it is, i do it all the time though. i would say that everyone talks to themselves anyway, just not everyone orates it.

getting graded on a bell curve, huh? i wouldnt be paranoid about it, your friends probably do want to do better than you to some degree. its competition, man, doesnt mean they dont like you. they probably dont particularly want you to fail any more than you want them to fail, but that doesnt mean your friends (or you, for that matter) dont realize that they could benefit from your failure. thats college man, but its nothing to be paranoid about. i guarantee most of the people you study with feel the same way you do.

xan

Chat Buddy
Heh I was actually talking to myself when i spotted this thread out of the corner of my eye. I speak to myself more than i realise i think. Sometimes imagine conversations with people and then end up imagining the conversation i could have about how i imagined the conversation i just had :/...

Chernarus

i can have a full conversation with my self and i amuse my self but i think my mind is creating another personality i talk to my self but its uncontrolled its all in my head half of me i control the other half i can talk to its really hard to explain.

danni

Chat Buddy
i talk to myself a lot walking around, at work at college. I do it cause i have something on my mind or i'm question myself on something or just plain bored.

daredhead

I talk to myself too, and I'm always getting yelled at for it. People usually think my mumbling is crazy, hence one of my stays at the mental hospital. Yes, they locked me up for four days for talking to myself. Really, in all actuality, I'm just thinking out loud.

I always do when people (my parents) aren't around me. I can actually make myself think I'm in a certain situation and I talk to myself when I'm somebody else... I don't really care about it. Nobody will find out and I have larger things to worry about.

I talk to myself too, and I'm always getting yelled at for it. People usually think my mumbling is crazy, hence one of my stays at the mental hospital. Yes, they locked me up for four days for talking to myself. Really, in all actuality, I'm just thinking out loud.
wow, they put you in for that? thats terrible. mental wards are absolutely no fun, especially when you were put in against your will.

i dont get why people think its so weird to talk to yourself. its a good stress reliever. its just a personality trait, id say, and i think id go crazy if i didnt talk to myself. yeah, wrap your head around that one, doc

aki

yeah I do.....it's like I imagine conversations I've yet to have with people and rehearse them with myself =/

Epical Taylz

yeah I do.....it's like I imagine conversations I've yet to have with people and rehearse them with myself =/
i also go through that, but i never get the courage to actually go through said conversation.

i mumble to myself a lot also
and then ill talk to myself when im
studying.

i think the second one is normal though
but still..

its actually kinda funny:biggrin::laugh:

HOW

I talk to myself out loud all the time, not in public places though. As if I were two people :unsure:

I am my best and worst friend :tongue:

BioHomocide

I like to think aloud but I dont consider it talking to myself.

Like I'll say: "Wow this is a big mess!" and then I'll say "You better clean it up."

But I dunno....maybe I am talking to myself. But I dont care what other ppl think, sometimes when there's no one to share with you share with yourself.

nagisa

Staff Alumni
I talk to myself all the time. Like HOW said, like I'm two people. I don't even think about it. When I go out for walks or whatever I talk to myself then too, lol. Idk, it's something I've done for as long as I can remember, really.

I talk to myself alot too... i think its kinda normal...

Could you practice perhaps trying to talk to people... like close friends... all talking in a mirror... that could help with social communication...

Claire...

fweeps

Staff Alumni
yep I do all the time. Then my roommate gets home and I forget shes there and still talk to myself outloud. She looks at me like im crazy. Maybe I am. They sent me to a mental ward for it too...against my will. But I still wont shut up lol

Leiaha

Heh I was actually talking to myself when i spotted this thread out of the corner of my eye. I speak to myself more than i realise i think. Sometimes imagine conversations with people and then end up imagining the conversation i could have about how i imagined the conversation i just had :/...
Ha ha I do this all the time but never say the things i 'rehearse' lol

I talk to myself constantly and people are always saying 'you'll get put away for that!'
Well, i haven't so far lol

Lea x

Maylin

I think it is quite normal to have imaginary dialogs, not everyone can solve problems by monologs. As we all know, it is better to discuss something in a group than alone.:laugh:

I mumble out loud when I am alone, but only when I am rehearsing something or trying to figure something out.

plates

yeah i talk to a phantom chris on my bicycle thread :biggrin:

i talk to myself a lot. in my head, sometimes out of my head. a lot of stuff is very theatrical like i'm drunk kind of stuff..:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00