Do you think I have an eating disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mango-muggle, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mango-muggle

mango-muggle New Member

Hi, you can call me Mango. I'm new to this site, and this will be my first post.

Once I figure this all out, I'll get going on the other boards and such.

Anyways, I've been struggling for a while, but I'm not sure if I have an eating disorder. The link I saw on here doesn't work so I can't read the thing, and I want other people's opinions.

I have the opposite of anorexia or bulimia. I eat TOO much. I'm pretty over weight, and I wear a size 15 /17 in jeans and 200+ pounds. I've been a little chubby my whole life, but recently I've been putting on more weight and I'm hating myself more and more.

I don't stop eating, and I really feel like I can't. When I'm bored, sad, man, happy, tired or any emotion I just eat and eat and eat.

It doesn't matter what it is, I mean I can be sometimes picky with condiments and etr but I'm not sure if that matters. It can be anything to an apple to a whole frozen pizza or bag of chicken nuggets. I just can't stop, and sometimes I take my moms food stamp card and buy food from the store and hide it in my room. I eat breakfast at home, and at school. Two lunches, snacks constantly and my family always puts up a large dinner.

Over the summer, I was with my grandmother and I tried dieting but failed miserably. Exercise didn't work and I just ended up eat so much more because I was forced to not eat.

I don't know what's wrong with me, and my weight and appearance is driving me insane.

PS- I could probably write on more and more and if I need to, I will do so, but I'll stop here for now

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Mango,
    In my teens and early 20's I had an eating disorder too, and I didn't properly understand it back then....... but what you write certainly resonates with me, and I can look back now with understanding about it, and would like to offer you help and support as you come to terms with it,

because,
    every problem is an opportunity. And it's an opportunity to grow inwardly in self-awareness and wisdom.

One good plan is to start keeping a journal of your feelings and your goals. And ask for your mum's support (helpful and sympathetic only, mind!) in establishing a healthy eating style. When you feel the urge to start on a binge, write down how you're feeling, and find another activity you enjoy doing to take your mind off the food cravings....

Little by little, as you see things starting to improve, you will want to feed yourself only food that is really good and beneficial for your body and mind......if you look upon it like taking medicine (as the Chinese do) - it makes very wise sense to learn how to medicate yourself while young, good habits will steer you right the rest of your life, hun :)

3. mango-muggle

mango-muggle New Member

That would be fabulous.

It just seems so hard, because I can't see myself doing anything but eating unhealthy. And, I constantly go back from being a happy fattie to a depressed one. I am just very conflicted.

4. Ueirh

Ueirh New Member

PLEASE private message me. I am going through EXACTLY what you are, I feel we could relate to and help each other.

5. Cadie

Cadie Well-Known Member

hi there,

if i'm being totally honest, i don't think you have an eating disorder. you just like to eat and maybe it makes you feel better, makes you forget your other issues..?

-C

6. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

You may have a binge eating disorder and yes, overweight people can have eating disorders too. Have you thought about seeing a doctor or a therapist? They can help you find out why you binge and help you find others ways to cope with stresses instead of eating.

7. wecouldfightcrime

wecouldfightcrime Active Member

it's all in the mind mango, not how much you weigh.

so in my opinion if you have a bad relationship with food, you have some form of eating disorder i guess.

please pm me and come talk, i'd love to listen xxxxxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.