Do you think life exists elsewhere in the universe?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Vanilla Sky, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanilla Sky

Vanilla Sky Well-Known Member

Do you think life exists elsewhere in the universe?
  2. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

I personally think that life has to exist elsewhere in the universe but I haven't seen one UFO film that I believe to be real.
  3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Of course. But I also know that space is very big even if you find a way to zip around at something approaching light speed; that interstellar field trips are not especially plausible unless we're talking space ark multi-generation type of voyages for this reason.
  4. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it is definitely possible. Life started simply under the right conditions on Earth, and there's countless planets in the universe; there is bound to be life out there, whether it is complex or simple, or wildly different from what surrounds us.
  5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I have no earthly idea! Great question, though!
  6. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I think it's possible, yes. Maybe they're even intelligent in the sense that humans are. Heck, maybe they're wondering at this very moment if there's life out there, as well. The universe is pretty big. I think it'd be odd to say that it's completely impossible - knowing how big the universe is.

There could very well be at least one other planet somewhere out there that had "the right conditions".
  7. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Of course! I've always wondered what sort of species could be in the universe. Perhaps more humans that consider us aliens.
  8. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I would bet on yes....
  9. oval

oval Well-Known Member

im convinced the government already knows. hell maybe they are even among us :unsure:
  10. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

Probably. The Government is mysterious & mischievous. :nerd:
  11. pbobble

pbobble Well-Known Member

must do really, the universe is so incredibly big, just look at the images from hubble deep field pictures.

Thousands of galaxies out there, got to be life somewhere, probability alone suggests.
  12. In a Lonely Place

If there is another earth like planet out there I hope it remains out of reach for all eternity coz if we ever reached it,we'd fuck that world up too 
  13. In a Lonely Place

Life will definately exist out there but it may just be bacteria or maybe fish etc,in that ocean under the ice on europa
  14. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

of course. we'd be stupid to say wear the only ones in the universe.
  15. In a Lonely Place

Without a shadow of a doubt
    It does
  16. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Yes definately, it would be disappointing if we were the most intelligent lifeform in the universe, but i really don't think we are.
  17. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I think it's possible, I mean if live can exist on Earth, why not another planet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.