Do you think money is source of many evils ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Issaccs

Greed and selfishness is the root of all evil.
Ding Ding Ding, if it wasn't money it would be something else, people would still find ways to rob you and gain more for themselves.
No item in the world has a moral standpoint, everything is completely neutral, the "Evil" comes from the inherent wickedness of humans.

Anime-Zodiac

Ding Ding Ding, if it wasn't money it would be something else, people would still find ways to rob you and gain more for themselves.
No item in the world has a moral standpoint, everything is completely neutral, the "Evil" comes from the inherent wickedness of humans.
I totally agree with this statement. If money didn't make the world go round, then something else would.

colt45

Yes it is. From the begin of time money has been that sorce of war and the cause of acts that have sicked all of humanity.

According to Marlyn Madson "The only thing is this world that is immortal is money."

SadDude87

It's a simple system. Humans want to maximise their pleasure. To maximise pleasure, you need to have power. Money is the greatest source of power. However, with power and money comes conflict. So really desire is the cause of all problems. Maybe Buddhism is onto something.

Darken

The people who control the banks and currency like world bankers, federal reserve etc are the ones with all the power, and they are corrupt. Good example is how in the bible the money lenders of whom ever it says were in the church and jesus came and saw this and it made him angry and he kicked them out, he knew they are corrupt and selfish. We should stop using money and have every thing socialized or some thing else. capitalism isn't fair or balanced, at least with current humans. Maybe if most of us were loving and just, we could take a risk with capitalism but till then no. Like it or not other people affect your life, humankind should be a whole and make sure every one has decent lives not divided when others suffer it makes your life worse too. thats my opinion.

Anime-Zodiac

The people who control the banks and currency like world bankers, federal reserve etc are the ones with all the power, and they are corrupt. Good example is how in the bible the money lenders of whom ever it says were in the church and jesus came and saw this and it made him angry and he kicked them out, he knew they are corrupt and selfish. We should stop using money and have every thing socialized or some thing else. capitalism isn't fair or balanced, at least with current humans. Maybe if most of us were loving and just, we could take a risk with capitalism but till then no. Like it or not other people affect your life, humankind should be a whole and make sure every one has decent lives not divided when others suffer it makes your life worse too. thats my opinion.
Good point, I totally agree. I guess it's a combination of humans and money that is the source.

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
I think a lot of things come together to create problems. But yes, in its way, money equals power equals money equals status equals power equals money...for some people.

(OK, I'm going to generalize, so please...I DO know there are millions and billions who DO suffer every day.)

Basically, I think some humans' survival instinct, combined with greed, messes things up. In general, humanity has developed technologies and societies that promote a better life than our stone-age ancestors had.

In the western world, most of us don't merely "survive" hand-to-mouth by hunting and gathering. (In less advanced parts of the world, hunger, disease and poverty are still huge issues for many, many people.) Things such as natural resources (and/or access to them, available technologies, politics, culture and belief systems can help or impede humanity.

But humans still have an ancient, stone-age "survival instinct". I think for many people, it's just part of the survival instinct, to want more, bigger and better than others -- as proof that they're good enough for the mating pool. Tragically, when combined with real greed, having more, bigger and better all too often comes at the expense of the survival, well-being, and/or comfort of others who are not as well off.

Not sure I've made sense...Hmmm. Oh, well.

I think pride is basically the root of evil. Countries are invaded so a certain people can have more land and so feel better than other peoples. People are poor because owners want to have ''more'' profit so they can feel better than their peers. Money and want are just tools, pride is the driving force. I dont think its a natural desire or some survival thing either because naturally people would want their social group to existe peacefully and pride and greed are just complete contrasts to peace. (well thats my opinion anyway :D)

I think pride is basically the root of evil.
:agreed:

The one thing that pretty much all organised forms of religion will agree on, is that pride is a very dangerous thing. Where you have pride you have arrogance, where there is arrogance there is ignorance and ignorance will ultimatley cause negative energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00