• right to die only for terminally ill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • right to die for nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if they so choose to after careful consideration

people always claim that anyone who wants to die isnt in the right mind as a justification for not allowing it. but cant that apply to anything pretty much? it seems like in reality its really a 'greyscale' of stability. and i believe that a percentage of people have the stability to make the decision, or at least have done enough consideration, especially after many years

so i propose (and I think this will be the case in 75 years or so as society becomes more mature) that there be a one month 'waiting' period where the person has to go thru some stuff to ensure that theyre at least reasonably stable and not impulsive before allowed to be given a lethal injection of their choosing

i think in the long run this would PREVENT more suicides because it'd stop the taboo and help things get discussed a lot earlier. in addition itd make the suicides that DID happen less messy, less traumatizing, etc. also the reality that someone could LEGALLY go towards this avenue without being thrown in the looney bin would probably make people take the person affected way way more seriously and try to actually help instead of dismissing them

option 1: 100% legal right to die above a certain age with no strings attached

option 2: legal right to die with some tests and 'waiting periods' to ensure stability

option 3: legal right to die only for terminally ill

option 4: no right to die

i lean more towards option 2...i think its a fundamental human right but has to be carefully applied in society since in practice things dont always work out well with a singularly applied approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00