Do you think planning an attempt can leave you exhausted?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by downunder, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

A couple of times I have been at work, thinking ok when I get home I am going to do it. Have it all planned out, hubby is out for the night etc, Then I get home and feel so exhausted that instead of doing it, I end up falling asleep like at 6.30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Lennie

Lennie Well-Known Member

The only plan and attempt I have ever made fuelled me with energy up until the point where it failed and then I became exhausted.

Maybe your exhaustion is just general, or something is telling you not to attempt..
  3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

my plans, and subsequent attempts, weren't draining, more; calming. i was serene (thinking) taht i would have a chance to be free of this place.

but of course i'm still here.

its exhausting recovering mentally from one for me.

the anger and patheticness that sets in after you survive. thats almost as bad as wanting to die imo
  4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

The anxiety and tension I feel right before getting down to business makes me tired.
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I am always having panic, when I plan for suicide... I see a future I am satisfied with, and I calm down, usually now with more energy and clear thinking. When I give up the idea of suicide, I go back to panic and crazy, racing thoughts with a hopeless, bleak future.
  6. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

After attempting I have actually felt much happier and more energised. :eek:hmy:

We are all different.
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I don't find myself physically exhausted, but mentally very much so.
  8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It's a proven fact that both depression and anxiety can cause physical effects. That may be where you are getting these feelings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.