Do you think SF Chat is becoming too strict?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Bob26003, Apr 30, 2010.

Do you think SF chat is becoming too strict?

1. Yes, way too strict

2 vote(s)
  2. Yes

9 vote(s)
  3. No

22 vote(s)
  4. No, not enough restrictions

1 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

? What do you think
  2. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

i think its more of "too stiff" to much by the book at times so i guess that ya it is too strict at times..
  3. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

From what I have seen, Not at all. Users are reminded that main chat is a place for light hearted conversation. Anything that could trigger another user or develop into a heated debate or such is only asked first to be be taken to another appropriate place such as triggering subjects, PM or other.
    Chat can be hard enough sometimes to voice yourself without a heated debate going on at the same time.

This is a pro life forum so talk of methods is discouraged also as it should be.
  4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

In ways it is too strict, but in other ways it is too loose. Each aspect seems to balance out. There is nothing inherently wrong with chat, as long as you follow the rules. Remember the rules link is there for everyone to read, so pleading ignorance is not the best way to get your point across.
  5. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I personally dont use it as I prefer to take it at my own pace if and when I want to post I use this place.
  6. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

I have stopped using the chatroom because I think it is starting to get a little bizarre. Apparently, the room that people enter in after clicking "Chat Room" are not allowed in it and should go in the main room.

Why don't they just delete that room and do it in a way that people who enter directly goes in the main room where they are wanted there.

What has happened to common sense?
  7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Chat room? what's that? :mellow:, but it depends. Meaning it depends on which mod is online at the time. Some a sweet, other ok, but then so<mod edit: *sparkle*:insulting>
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
  8. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

I Totally agree!!!!

You wouldnt believe the drama that came from me being in the entrance lobby one day :/ no point in it being there tbh...
  9. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

From what I have seen so far, the only things that mods stop you from seeing are things that you shouldn't be seeing anyway, and that are bad for the forum like abuse, methods, reckless behaviour etc.

I think the mods, chat monitors and admins do a great job.

Edit: Misread the title, thought it was about the forum, damn. Chat is good, not too strict, and what I said above still holds.
  10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

wow - on any other part of the forum it wouldnt be ok to call a member an ogre. what makes it ok to call a staff member an ogre :unsure:
  11. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

lmfao Boo :hug: x
  12. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

and xXxRNBxXx as you mentioned the entrance room it im assuming you want what actually happened to be public knowledge?
  13. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Why wont this thread just die?

This is the bane of my existence on SF at the minute :lol!:
  14. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

give me ten minutes, a corkscrew and some cheese wire and I will kill it for you :D
  15. Kaos General

Hasn't there been enough said on the matter already?

And rachel as far as i gather wasnt you the one that started the drama in the entrance lobby :unsure:
  16. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

no I did I farted in the entrance lobby unfortunately it was silent but violent, still whoever smelt it dealt true of many things -sigh-:unsure:
  17. xXxRNBxXx

xXxRNBxXx Senior member

LOL Wayne i dont think you actually know what im talking about as you wasnt there? It about me staying in the lobby but im not suppose to and i got moved into main and i didnt wanna be there. I wanted to be in lobby to welcome people so yeah if that makes me a bad person then yeah fine IDC
  18. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

I seldom come into SF, less still in chat. But I came in for the first time yesterday for a long time.

For what its worth, I was unsurpised to see things have not changed.

Strictness is the least of its problems.
  19. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

rach.. that wasnt all that happened as you and we know. now lets not start an argument in this thread too please. if you have a problem rach, write in LtM.
  20. Kaos General

Ok i was actually having a laugh but wow ok
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.