do you think suicide is a valid option?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by laurel56, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurel56

laurel56 New Member

If you've been working for years and years on something, and nothing works anymore, and you are a social outcast no matter what you do or try, do you think it's valid to realize when enough is enough and you've given it your best shot but life just wasn't meant to work out for you? is suicide valid then?

2. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Dear Laurel,would you care to elabroate exactly what has happened with you?No one will encourage you to commit suicide here as this is a pro life site which is the main reason.You can talk to me about anything I will listen and try my best for you.:smile:

3. Betterometer

Betterometer Guest

Yes but, the big question is, how would you know you've given it your best shot?

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Yes, it would be valid... not that I know your situation, but generally, it would be.

I despise pro-lifers, myself... doing their best to make sure people live at all costs, regardless what misery they are in. It is very cruel.

5. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

Ditto.

I don't encourage suicide to be a first choice. But I will NOT try to keep someone alive against their will.

6. ace

ace Well-Known Member

Sorry Hae-Gi this is a tough one because I hate sounding like a hypocrite is that telling other's not to give up but then sayin I want to end it myself.I'm sorry I just find it hard to say to someone ending is the best option or a viable one.

7. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

yep...

8. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

ace,

I meant hardcore pro-lifers that think censorship even is a viable option, to stop people from ending their life. They have no business, trying to stop those in uncurable misery, from trying to find a way, ending their life. As for the censorship on this forum being performed, with claims of the law having to be followed, is no excuse. The server can be relocated to a country, where suicide isn't illegal, in that case.

I understand your wish for people, not to kill themselves, and you being unable to say things that okay suicide. That's not the same thing, though... in fact, you're being considerate. Although trying to get through it, may not necessarily be an option, you are still being considerate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  9. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

When do I admit defeat? Throughout my existence I repeatedly arrived to the conclusion that 'enough is enough'. But then my 'enough' was never sufficient for death. I tried hard.

Despite that I feel an outcast in this reality, life can't be erased easily. There is always a last hope, which lifts your face in the rain and as long as my survival is powered by hope, I will live.

I now consciously and on purpose ween myself off life. There is no flash of genius, no sudden realisation that life is not good for me. It is a gradual learning process that death is simply better for me. The confusion and the turmoil are endless, but I did die before and this memory is sheer bliss.

10. Eno

Eno Guest

I don't know if suicide is valid but in the very selfish world of humans I, for about 3 years now, keep it as an option in my mind for if things get to much. This has not helped my already messy life so far but is just part of my being for now. I always hear people saying it is selfish but we are very selfish beings, whether that is the conditioning of the world we see around us or is natural to us I don't know, but everyone is selfish sometimes. But when people like us make a decision, perhaps the only decision we've ever made in our lives that seems worth a damn or to make sense somehow, to kill ourselves, selfishness is suddenly unnacceptable. It seems to only be acceptable if your using it for self preservation but not for self destruction.

I don't know but I understand where you're coming from and hope that your mind be clear and free, even for a while but hopefully one day for good. We all need a break now and then. Hell, maybe we should be a little selfish for self preservation. That's what my councelor told me to do and it has worked now and then. Taking time to care for the self seems important because so much of everything in life seems to come from being at one with ourselves. What's within is without of us. If we can make some peace with ourselves we can carry ourselves anywhere and spread that peace around us. Whatever God is seems to be inside. So much is within. Yeah, I do think we have to be selfish to a degree. Spirituality is a very human thing and has helped me a lot. Especially buddhism. It all seems to be a balancing act of many variables. It's like balancing selflessness and self with all the other madness around.

To me philosophy seems to hold the most valid reasons for suicide. But that is a very testing world to look into and has only added to the emptiness for me. Not for the weak hearted and I have learned I am weaker than I used to believe I was.

11. Random

Random Well-Known Member

My official position on others commiting suicide is that I have no control over anyone else's life.

If someone is upset and suicidal and posts here and I think I can say something positive to change their mind, I will. I would not intentionally tell anyone they should suicide.

But personally, if I ever decide to, nobody will stop me without a straight jacket, a lot of happy medicine and a lot of force. And I won't be a happy man at all when they finally let me out of the straight jacket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.