Do you think this is unusual?

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I'll be 35 in a few months, but I still like some things targeted to kids. Like I bought unicorn pudding, unicorn ice cream, things like that because I like unicorns and bright colors. I like products that feature Tinkerbell, Hello Kitty, Care Bears, and other characters that would probably be more suitable for someone much younger than me. Does anyone else like things that are out of their age range? Do you need to stop having an interest in these things when you become an adult? Just wondering if it's weird or if I'm thinking too much about it.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I do think it's weird that you do think too much about it @Witty_Sarcasm jk. I think it' perfectly fine to like some things a kid likes. now if you started to play in a sand box that would be different. a lot of people collect dolls and stuff like that. I like to collect antique car toys, watch younger audience animation movies. it's perfectly alright as long as you live in the present reality. and it's also good to be a little less serious about things and even silly sometimes....mike...*hug

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
The things you have an interest in aren't hurting anyone and it's not creating a disruption in your life. It's perfectly fine :)

Notable: Folks with BPD have a higher incidence of having this occurrence. Liking things for younger people and such. Not sure what the psychology behind that is. Having stuffed animals or talking like kids to their SO, things that like. Just amusing side note.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Honestly, not only would i say this is not a problem, but i'd also say that the existence of shows like Rick & Morty, Tuca & Bertie, or Adventure Time show a concerted effort on behalf of many within the entertainment industry to break down these clear dividing lines of what determines "children's content" and content aimed at adults. So i would say you definitely aren't alone in that interest, C.
(Also, between you and me, i'm currently rewatching Avatar: TLA, a show beloved by all kinds of adults to this day *shh)

BlueGreen

I'll be 35 in a few months, but I still like some things targeted to kids. Like I bought unicorn pudding, unicorn ice cream, things like that because I like unicorns and bright colors. I like products that feature Tinkerbell, Hello Kitty, Care Bears, and other characters that would probably be more suitable for someone much younger than me. Does anyone else like things that are out of their age range? Do you need to stop having an interest in these things when you become an adult? Just wondering if it's weird or if I'm thinking too much about it.
Oh boy, I'm 57 and I LOVE Kpop! I love animation, I love furry cat toys, kids TV....I could go on and on. I think the real issue here is that somehow society has invented these timelines of us where we are adult at 18, should be married my 30, great career, blah blah blah and they are just human constructs. We have millions of these little rules to make us all conform and they are ridiculous but they make us feel guilty too. I didn't get many toys to play with when I was a child - most people didn't in those days - so when I got to my 30's I would give myself little treats. SO no, 100% I don't think it's weird!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00