Do You Think You Have Ever Truly Been In Love?

Have You Ever Been In Love & do You Believe In Love?

• Yes, I have been

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • No Never

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I don't believe in love

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • No never, and I don't believe in love

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Yes. but not know and I don't believe in love anymore

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • I am in love right now

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters

the black raven

I think it's complicated word. What people said, Love is kind, Love is care, etc, but for me, Love is wanting someone in your life more than anything, and that you would do anything for that person, just anything, except letting him/her go. It's really painful to let them go, and impossible to get erase them from your memories. My first ex hate me, but I can't lie I'm still in love with her, and I don't know how long last time I saw her, it has been years. I love my current gf, but she's not acting like a gf should, she rarely texts me, and sometimes she's not even there for week. It hurts so much, that's why the reason I'm where. It's enough to make me feel suicidal though I won't do it. So, I guess, love is there, it's real, but my view might be different. For some, my "love" maybe different for them, and that means a no?

R

ronnymarie

I do believe in love, and know many people who do it successfully. unfortunately, I am not one of them.... I have been married several times and have been loved, but because of severe abuse as a child, I have a serious problem loving someone else. the closer someone gets to me, the more I feel I have to run away. pretty damn screwed up.

TheLoneWolf

Yes, I was. But then I lost her. *sigh*

I still believe in it. I just don't know if I believe that I personally will ever find it again. One can hope, but the reality is that I'm not getting any younger - or any better at approaching and interacting with the opposite sex, for that matter.

Right now? I am in love. I have an understanding with my partner - and so many things that we have found in common that really took me by surprise. But at the same time, I'm thinking "I don't want to hinder her progress upwards" - but what i'm thinking/feeling are clashing.

I have also got the unconditional love for a son I haven't seen since jan 2007. And it's painful that it's almost 7 years, but if I let that rule my life, I sure as hell wouldn't be where I am now.....

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
I absolutely and completely believe in it. I am in love now (see sig if you want to know who it is) and have always been in love with someone since I was 11 years old (I'm 29 now). It has always been alone, never where the other person felt it back because it's pretty much always been with someone I never met (ie famous). I used to care about having someone feel that way to me too but after what I've gone through this year that has pretty much broken. I've somehow managed to find a bit of peace with it at least though, it's just not an easy thing to find at all and if you have a lot of mental/emotional problems then it only adds to how much of a challenge it already is. In any case I refuse to hang my head in shame because I have not ever had that from another person to me because you have no way of knowing if you will ever know the reasons why things happen as they do when it comes to this level of life. If you're meant to then you can have comfort in the idea of that being a possibility at some point, and if you never do then that's ok too because then it seems to be saying to me "don't worry about it" there are many ways to experience that feeling in your heart and that's all that truly matters in the end.

yous

I do not believe in it and least not for me. I'm 40 next year and still a virgin. I never had a boyfriend even when I wanted to so badly. I work hard in meeting new people and try to build a friendship with them, but they simply don't put in the effort. It may happen to other fortunate people, but some people it just doesn't.

Am or was truly in love with the man I am right now. At least on my side I know that I really love him because the feelings are strong, for years, and they never changed and I just never felt this way before. He made my heart jump every time I saw him and talked to him. I just fell in love over and over again. But unfortunately he turned out to be very bad and doesn't return what I give...tough luck I suppose. So, I guess...I do believe in true love but it's difficult to find...if ever. And too many people are just fucked up nowadays. They have no morals, no back-bone, no manners and are just ignorant and selfish. It's rotten. But I do believe and envy those with a good, true loving, relationship.

Yes I am deeply in love now, so intense it hurts and the only way I can cope with those intense feelings is to self harm - my gf Claire is so part of my life that if we ever parted or she died I would probably commit suicide; at least I definately would if she died so we could be together; if there is a heaven/hell after all

What really angers me about Claire (not Claire herself) is her abusive past dealt her by her 'see you next Tuesday' of an ex husband - He seriously abused her - he beat her raped her......... Need I go on? He controlled her not allowing her to go out alone or see her family & friends & those very few times any did visit he ordered Claire to cover up & if any bruising was noticed she fell - Claire was terrified of him & dared not run or report him or anything like that - she suffered hoping he would change as more fool her she loved him - sort of the Stockholm Syndrome scenario

Posted elsewhere on this site I have an intense desire to kill him - Claire is against that saying he is now out of her life & she feels perfectly safe & happy with me - If I end up serving mandatory life she would be alone

So as a coping mechanism as I can't kill him (Claire refuses outright to identify him to me) I self harm

Claire has told me so much about his treatment of her & I am fully aware there is more than she has told me; stuff she has locked away in Pandora boxes in the deep recesses of her tortured mind

As we lay together in each others arms as she tells me more and more my anger rises to unbearable levels I have to walk outside, self harm (away from Claire) and thus calm down

Claire is aware of my intense feelings & the fact I seriously self harm, no matter how much I try to hide it from her & she says if it affects me so much she wont tell me - But the whole point is I don't enter into the equation as far as I am concerned - Claire has to have me as that avenue to talk about her experiences and confront those demons that so affect her & gives her nightmares that leave her shaking in terror - I can not sleep until she is a sleep in my arms - I wake often in the night terrified she will be a corpse in my arms - satisfied she is breathing I drift off but I always wake exausted - Claire tries to comfort me as much as I comfort her but.........

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00