Do You Think You Will Be Alive To See 55?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ToHelp, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hi Constant Reader,

This topic is an "my answer" (lol) of sorts to the other topic.

Lesse... I'm 44 now... and yep. I'll make it, barring some unforeseen health problem out of my control.

But I am a fighter. At my lowest moment as we have seen, I just can't go but so far in planning to off myself.

-JOHN-

2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Not if I keep smoking.

I keep trying to quit and I just can't. I cough, I wheeze, my throat hurts and it stresses me out. And then I light up and relax. I'll have some kind of cancer within the next 5 years or so if I can't quit and there's no way I can afford treatment for it.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

That is a good question? I am 51 now so I wouldn't have to wait long. I have an on going suicide plan, but I also have my daughter and grandaughter living with me and they are relieing on me to help get them around because she has her licence suspended.:chopper:.

4. Snooze

Snooze Well-Known Member

nope.

5. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Won't judge you for not quitting. It's a bitch. It is, in some (feel free to disgree :)) a more pernicious addiction my stronghold on Xanax, or rather its stronghold on me. The only way that kill me is by leading me back to alcohol and you know what?

HELL NO I hate the shit. In part I hate it because I have been so goddamned many times that I know its promise of feel-good is a fucking ruse (for that this).

Anyway getting O/T. But I doubt like hell I die from suic-cui.

Hoever CANCER, now. And heart disease. They're the one that usually you get you.

Don't smoke, so no worries. So long as I remain the compliant patient and keep the "big D" (depression, lol) at bay, I should see 55, yes.

Random-
    Thanks for replying to my topic man. It seems so often I reach out and reach out and am ignored--my positive recovery thread in here hasn't has a "nice going John" post in weeks.

- JOHN -

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

No prob. I wouldn't take it personally that people don't always respond. I think many are here just to vent because they have no other outlet. People don't like to hear negativity and some people have nobody to talk to. My posts are rarely responded to either. Probably because I often write too much once I get started. People are here for different reasons. It would be nice if everyone wanted to help support others but so many are in so much pain themselves, it seems.

7. Anam_Cara

Anam_Cara Well-Known Member

No... i dont think i will be... before 40 in my opinion

8. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Nope... Who wants to live that long anyways?

9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

To long for me. Waay to looooooong.

10. /dev/null

/dev/null Active Member

I try to chain smoke as much as I can so hopefully die of lung cancer by the time I'm like 30, that way I won't have to kill myself directly as I can't imagine getting that old right now the way I feel.

11. dixie27

dixie27 Member

I hope not. I really hope not.

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I really can't say whether I will or not. There are times I really do not want to see tomorrow let alone years from now.

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Definitely not.

14. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I suggest you look for some information on smoking related illnesses. It's not a pleasant way to go. Lung cancer isn't the only disease associated with smoking. Check out oral cancer. Cancer isn't something you get and you're dead in a couple of days. It literally eats you alive. It's a terrible disease.

15. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i cant see past the current day so i dont know.... i dont think so

16. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Yeah. I hope I can make it to 70, even. Life has several stages worth living, each one having its own advantages and disadvantages.

17. Born_A_LoseR

Born_A_LoseR Active Member

unfortunatly i think i will live to see 55... i been depressed and suicidal for like 10 years so if i had the guts to kill myself i would of done it by now since i havnt done it i probly never will

18. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

55? ugh, i hope not ha. unless im able to be around who i love. but 55 and alone, screw that ha.

19. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'd like to make it until i'm 100 or even older if possible. Nothing wrong with growing old. :eek:ld:

20. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I wont be alive, I doubt I will make it to 35-40 and I am 28, to many issues, I will probably be dysfuctional or in a home if I am alive at that point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.