Do you think??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by ~PinkElephants~, Sep 7, 2007.

?

Is intimacy and love the be all and end all of life?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    56.0%
  3. Not sure

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Do you think that intimacy and love are the be all and all of life? Is that all existence is about? explain.

2. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

No. its not the "be all and end all of life", just a very important part of life, and a life without it, is like trying to run a marathon on one leg.....

.....but thats just my 2c.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2007
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Love IS the be all and end all. But not necessarily romantic love. It can be love for a friend, love for humanity, love for the poor, or simply spiritual love. Pope John Paul II IMO led an amazingly full and fulfilling life without any romantic attachments, but he still had LOVE. I don't think he would have exchanged that for anything in the world. Love doesn't have to be about sex or a lifetime partnership. I would say that the key to life is finding a passion for something (or someone); this gives us PURPOSE, which is a great thing. Find purpose and you find meaning.

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Yes; romantic love and sex is all that life is about. In other words, no offspring may be created... then it's all ruined.

If you want more detail on how I see it, please check out my old posts.

5. I agree with the above. Very well put. :smile:

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I think life is about sex and procreating unfortunately.
    how crap.

7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

If the meaning of life would be procreation, one would wonder where the meaning in that lies, when all chains of life, sooner or later will end. As such, procreation cannot possibly be the meaning of life.

8. Lady E

Lady E Well-Known Member

Well I think you should surround yourself in love for yourself and love from your family and friends but I don't think that someone needs to define themselves by their romantic relationships.
    Existence isn't just about procreating or settling down it's about experiencing what life has to offer and so on. There are plenty of people in this world who procreate so I don't really need to:laugh:

9. noonenoname

noonenoname New Member

I don't think that if you surround yourself in love for yourself and from your family and friends would work for all of us. The more you surround yourself with love for all of them you become more addicted to this love and that can be fatal.
    I agree though: Existence is not only about procreating. This can be fatal too when you love someone and she/he does not care, but only to procreate.