Do you think...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wonderment

Do you think there is a place on here for people with complex and complicated mental health problems (including maybe 'odd' or 'misunderstood' behaviour)?

Or is it a place primarily for those with overwhelming life circumstances, or/and those with more 'standard' (but no less debilitating) mental health problems, such as depression?

I know that the site as a whole is available for all and is not discrimminatory, but I just wondered what each persons personal opinion was?

(Also, because I've done this anonymous, I won't be able to respond further down the thread if I wish to remain anonymous, so given I want to stay unknown, I won't be able to reply to anything else, so bear that in mind :) )

Monoka

Hi,

I dont think anyone will have a problem- lots of us are 'odd'/insane/different.
we can all be different together :-P
hope your okay
Duncan

i think it's a place for all. i have two mental illnesses and a whole lot of childhood trauma. it's pretty complicated. i've felt very welcome here.

that said, i have a good support network outside of this site. a psychiatrist, a therapist i see twice a week, and good friends. i go into the hospital when i need to.

i guess my only other caveat would be for the rarer stuff you might find you need to educate people about your illness. you can't assume that they know anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00