Ideas & Opinions Do you use the SF app - and for what purpose?

Are you using the app - and for what purpose?

• I downloaded the app but don't use it for anything

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I have never downloaded the app and don't see the need for it

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • I use the app for 50% or more of what I do on SF

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I use the app for less than 50% of what I do on SF

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I use the app for notifications and / or messaging only

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Bonus question -- I think the app is worth (more than) $500/year

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi everyone,
Its time to renew the app again and I just wanted to toss around who is using it and for what these days. If you can just ping in a reply here and also answer the bonus question (!). You can have two answers so that you can answer both. I'd like to keep making sure the app is accomplishing what it should be.

We do know that screen readers read the app well because it's all streamlind and clean.
We do know that people like to get notifications on the app.

We know that some have problems with the app being "buggy" and have to reinstall it.
We also know it's a pricey endeavor to upkeep.

What say you? What're YOU using the app for, if you're using it. And if you're not, then let us know that also.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I mean I should use the app but I’m so stuck in my ways using web on my phone now that i just don’t . But I do have the app . I should check it out more
Freya has the site set up really well for phones as we get a good chunk of members using a mobile device.
I am like you - I have the app but virtually never log into it.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hey Matt :)
I downloaded the app back in the days, but to be honest have not used it for longer than a day I think. I wanted to get notifications, but my brain has decided it was not worth the bugs and I generally moved on from getting notifications from any of my apps (so it's mostly personal). If I'm in town I log in on the internet app directly and it's more than enough for me.

Wispiwill

Never downloaded it. Never used it. Don't plan to. Sorry but I hide how I feel and the last thing I want is people seeing that kind of app on my phone or a notification popping up and having to explain why I'm getting notifications from a suicide forum. I only ever come here on my laptop and then I'll have other windows open so I can switch over to them quickly if someone comes along.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Never downloaded it. Never used it. Don't plan to. Sorry but I hide how I feel and the last thing I want is people seeing that kind of app on my phone or a notification popping up and having to explain why I'm getting notifications from a suicide forum. I only ever come here on my laptop and then I'll have other windows open so I can switch over to them quickly if someone comes along.
Yeah, I don't use notifications for that reason. I have the app hidden away deep in a folder.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Sorry but I hide how I feel and the last thing I want is people seeing that kind of app on my phone or a notification popping up and having to explain why I'm getting notifications from a suicide forum.
We allowed for that and the app is coded as "SF" and just has the logo on. We knew people didn't want "suicide forum" all up in their apps / notifications.
But yeah, I do get the reasoning there. More than happy to have the input.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I didn't vote for that last question because I have no idea about the worth of apps in general. :)
Heck I'm sure amazon pays a lot more lol but we're just trying to hop from year to year here! I don't know what other apps cost either, I just know we are paying (average) $50/month for this thing and it's mostly out of pocket in the Autumn so we want to make sure it's worth it.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Heck I'm sure amazon pays a lot more lol but we're just trying to hop from year to year here! I don't know what other apps cost either, I just know we are paying (average) $50/month for this thing and it's mostly out of pocket in the Autumn so we want to make sure it's worth it.
Yeah I understand, it does seem like quite a lot for what it is to me. I'm curious to see if the app is "necessary" to anyone...

I know that's not the discussion and I don't want to sound pushy or anything, but I'd much rather put some money into improving mobile chat as it's pretty bad but very much used by so many people who are even dependent on it if they have no computer. But no need to comment on that, I'm digressing. :p

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00