Do you want people to get better?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Sep 27, 2009.

?

Do you want people to get better

1. No, misery loves company

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Yes, I like it when people are happy

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  3. I dont know

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

even though I am the most fucked up person on this board I get upset when people leave and are not suicidal anymore

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am always hopeful people will heal and no longer need the site for the reasons they found us. I am sad to see them leave for any reason as sometimes bonds are formed between members and these bonds are very important.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I would like to get better but I'm not sure that will happen.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm always happy to see other members leaving the site because their life has improved :)

5. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

Yes I do want people to get better.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I like to see people turn there lives around..For some of us that is impossible but it helps knowing there is always that possibility..

7. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is best when they leave and move on with their lives I feel it is healthier They can always return when under stress but living a life outside the forum is a good thing it means they have obtained the coping skills they need to just move on. Yes of course i want people to get well and live without the confusion and pain

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I don't want others to suffer

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I actually know someone who joined this board several years ago and IS a lot better now.
    So while I am extremely envious, I am also happy for her because I saw first hand what she went through and she (like all of us) deserves a chance a life.

10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

What upsets me more is when people go through with it, people we have talked to and bonded with, who have helped us and who we have helped, gave up and completed suicide. Are you happy about that?

Think about it from that point of view.

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

A part of me doesn't, because then I feel like they won't need me anymore.
    But like aeou said, I don't like to see others suffer.

12. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I want people to get better. I know it's sad when a person leaves the site because they're feeling better, but I'm still happy for them. And I'd much rather someone get better than go through with the act of suicide.

13. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yes of course, it's good to see people living their lives without depression.

14. cofmadness

cofmadness Well-Known Member

I don't like it when people are suffering either, but it makes me wonder if I'll ever get there, so at the same time it kind of makes me feel a little bad or maybe jealous.

15. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

I like knowing I am not alone, selfish I know...

16. wastedmylife

wow looks like I am the only asshole on this board, oh well

17. wastedmylife

whatever I am fucked as a human, I am on a different level then anyone else

I wasn't always like this and compassionate towards other humans, but now I don't really give a shit about humanity anymore

18. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

not selfish :hugtackles:

19. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Yes, I hope that people get better.

I, for one, am not currently suicidal. I recognize that I have the capacity to be, as I attempted several years ago. I also recognize that I do suffer from periodic depression.

But fundamentally, I'm here to learn more about myself, and to maybe help others if I can. And if I can't do that, maybe I can at least bring a smile to somebody's face for a moment.

TL;DR version: I don't want to kill myself, but I'm sticking around because for some reason I like you people. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.