do you want to build a snowman

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Wastingecho, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

that's the last song i heard - now it's running through my head

can't stop wondering why my last, best friend just stopped talking to me

i'm not good at making friends, real life or on line

somehow they got through to me which was some kind of minor miracle

for four years we texted on a daily basis, IM'd once in a while, even spoke on rare ocassions

talked about weather, news, recipes, questions that we were stuck on that the other could offer help with, or just being there to listen to the other's problems even if we couldn't help

then they just stopped - changed their number

responded to one or two e-mails since december, but that's it

that song just brought it all home and my heart bottomed out

i'll never be able to have a friend for long

i'll die alone

2. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

I know it's hard to make new friends as you get older, just keep trying all you need is one good friend. I know how hard it is to go it alone, strike up conversation with someone on a social site, you might make a new friend. good luck keep your head up bub. *hugs*

3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You don't have to be alone forever; you ARE capable of making and keeping friends. What happened isn't your fault.

4. Wastingecho

not a social animal - never have been

can't stand facebook and things like it

one-on-one IM I can mostly handle, but chat rooms freak me out

work in another state with people whose primary language isn't english - nice guys but conversations leave me behind really fast

too far away from home for socializing anyway

only a few hours a day at home - no contacts, no time

when i was on disability, family left me alone all day and i would spend most of it here - that was years ago

can't spend the time alone - biggest chunk is when i do laundry on sundays but people wander up and down the hall - no door for me to close and my emotional control is shot and i can't do anything to risk falling apart - already do that in the living room at 4:30 in the morning before anyone else is awake

5. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

try being more social and fb can provide one on one chat since your scared of chat rooms, a pen pal or drinking bar buddy might be helpful, come out of your shell little turtle, it's time to face the world. once you get comfortable with uncomfortable situiations life gets easier trust me, but you have to take that first step. I know that first step as scary but it's worth it . I'm a introvert as well but I force myself to go out and be social, people tax my batteries pretty fast but you can build endurance as I have. even texting people helps, text you mom, text your sister. phone someone, go out for coffee for an hour.

6. Wastingecho

social media sites are too overwhelming - tried once or twice but couldn't last more than a day or two before i had to close my account

don't drink - can't stand bars

don't talk to my family - especially my mother since she expressed her true opinion of me

i'm just an intrusion into other peoples' lives