Do you wish the end of the world would just come?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ItsNotTrue, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsNotTrue

ItsNotTrue Member

I really want to believe that the world is supposed to end soon. That way, I wouldn't need to kill myself. My loved ones wouldn't be left behind missing me terribly because they'd all be coming with me in death.

It sounds too good to be true..
  2. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

Nope. I never wish that and don't have to worry about it because it not going to happen any time soon.
  3. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

no? who says?
  4. Right U R Ken

I do. People have been predicting the end of the world for thousands of years. And they still will thousands of years from now. The world is not going to end. Deal with it.
  5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

i really do wish it too. its sick, but everything crumbles at the end anyway
  6. if i could detonate the world with the push of a button i would. not because of an overflow of hate or anger or anything, but more due to my thoughts about existence. i want to be around for the end of the world, i dont want it to go whirling along without me
  7. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

Well I dont count anything out. If a comet is travelling towards us at a speed close to light we wouldn't get much of a warning. Sure its unlikely, but it's possible and could happen at any time
  8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

all it takes is time .... :unsure:
  9. Right U R Ken

Comets go no where near the speed of light and we can track them easily. The whole point is it's nothing to worry about, period. There's a better chance of you being struck by lightning. Do you go around carrying a lightning rod? No. Because it's a waste of time to worry about it. And the end of the world is even less likely and even less of something to worry about.
  10. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

ok i was just using it as an example. But we are so small in the grand scheme of the universe. All people know is theory, we just take what we see and make the most obvious assumption. My point is that we dont know what can happen, no matter how 'sure' we are
  11. Right U R Ken

Well then go ahead and waste your time worrying about something that's not going to happen.
  12. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

i dont worry, i just aknowledge it and carry on as i am
  13. ItsNotTrue

ItsNotTrue Member

"Right U R Ken". I did not ask who believes that the world will end and who doesn't. This is not a debate. I simply asked who "wished" it would happen...
  14. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

Yes I wish it would end. It would end all the suffering in the world. My only worry is how to stop life from forming again... :sad:
  15. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

I don't want it to end. I just want me to end. I know we don't want to hurt our loved ones, but why have them die also.
  16. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

If I knew what was on the other side... then yes. But death scares me, I won't pretend it doesn't. Which is why I haven't commit suicide yet.
  17. DownInAHole

DownInAHole Active Member

I hope for a very large asteroid strike. I wish this Earth never existed. No more suffering.
  18. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd actually want the world to end but movies or stories about it have always fascinated me. Anything about something finally coming to a close is fascinating for me, thousands of years of progress and working towards something, it makes me wonder if we'll ever find something really meaningful out of all of it or if it'll all just be gone, a wink in the eyes of the time where our work made no real difference in the end. I wonder how many people would despair at that and how many would be content having known it all along.

But on a more real note, I doubt the end of the world is coming anytime soon. Even if an asteroid the size of the sun were to take perfect aim at us, with a few years warning it's not a big deal. While there a lot of ways the Earth could be wiped out, people are resourceful and intelligent, chances are they'd find a way out of it.

Not that a zombie apocalypse wouldn't be extremely cool.
  19. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

Not really. If I want to die, then that's just me, I wouldn't want anyone else to get hurt in the process.
  20. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.