Do you wish you could die, just to see who would cry/care/turn up to your funeral?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Blackness, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I know if you're dead you obviously don't know.

But I wonder if I did die, I'd want to stick around (in spirit or whatever) just to see who my death affcted, if anyone.

See who actually cares!

Anyone else think the same?

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Re: Do you wish you could die, just to see who would cry/care/turn up to your funeral

I think that people will be sad at anyone passing, there are always people that care..just in my mind I'll fade like a memory and in time be forgotten...it's sad and scary.

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Re: Do you wish you could die, just to see who would cry/care/turn up to your funeral

I guess I really don't think about it because I don't want any type of funeral. I just want it to be over with as soon as possible. Why drag things out for those left behind?

4. Deathly Strike

Deathly Strike Well-Known Member

I do, but deep down I can't help but think that if I did die that nobody would bother to attend a celebration of my life. There really isn't much worth celebrating anyway. Like I've said previously in other topics I don't really do much except cause pain and heartache where I go so why bother to cause more people pain/heartache by making them attend my funeral or passing or whatever? Like Gentlelady said, I don't want a funeral. I want my death to be done and over with as soon as possible.

5. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

just to see who would cry/care/turn up to your funeral

You don't need to die,just go away for a couple of weeks without letting anyone knows.

6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Good point..that way you can see...never thought of that.

7. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

not at all. that's the last thing i want to think about. I think a lot of people who I don't really like would turn up at my funeral and if I were a ghost watching my own funeral I'd probably think "why are you at my funeral when you practically ignored me when I was alive"

8. Re: Do you wish you could die, just to see who would cry/care/turn up to your funeral

I do quite alot actually.
    I want to see if my father would care.
    First time I overdosed, I did it to die to see if anyone would even give a shit. So far, ain't died. But, I do sometimes think 'if I do kill myself, would anyone care? Would anyone cry? Would anyone want me back? Would anyone even go to my funeral?'.

9. snufkin

snufkin New Member

I think about it a lot, then again i think about suicide a lot but have no plans to do it.

As for sticking around and attending my own funeral I would love to do it a lot of people would show up out of remorse for not believing depression is a real illness.

10. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Me neither, I kinda just want to go, just float away...

11. Luliby

Luliby Staff Alumni

No. If I could just unmake my life, that would be my option. Just unravel myself from the thread of time as if I was never here. That would be my option.

12. Innocent

Innocent Guest

My funeral has crossed my mind..who would come. If they didn't cry or whatever that's ok. But them coming means something. But then that gets me to thinking that when I die I don't want my mother there, and I can imagine her coming to my funeral anyways, and that pisses me off, because she didn't care about me when I was alive, grrrr stupid imaginings....

13. Re: Do you wish you could die, just to see who would cry/care/turn up to your funeral

If my mother and her family decided to give me a funeral when I die, they'd have it be more like a block party rather than as a funeral. Currently, I'm suppose to be cremated, though I can still imagine them having a block party after my death.

14. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this answer as my preference. Either this or just running off and finding a safe place where my body would never be found. This way everyone could just try and forget. No funeral, no actions, just lost with time.

15. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Never. I'm not going to commit suicide, but if I did, it seems kind of sadistic to do it with the thought of who would show up or who would cry or be devastated. I wouldn't want anybody to be devastated about my passing. Sad, yes, but it gives me no pleasure to think about how my closest friends and/or relatives would react at my demise.

16. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

If I died one day, and became a drifting spirit on Earth, I don't think I ever want a funeral because it don't matter to me. I know who will miss me, who won't and who will regret for not giving me their love while I am alive. Even if some people show up at my funeral, they may not care but just to show up and act, so they no one have to criticize them for that!

You know? Your thread here tells me something that might happen to me after I died; that I will come back as a ghost for a just a moment to see the girl that I was so madly in love with and whether she loved me or not, I guess I can still rest in peace after all because I finally get to see her again and I guess I won't die regretfully.

Gosh...its been four years since she disappeared...

17. katie-kat

katie-kat Member

Honestly, I think that all the time. I always wonder if I'll have as many people at my funeral as he did at his (the funeral home said they'd never seen so many people for someone so young [17 yrs. old].)

18. Re: Do you wish you could die, just to see who would cry/care/turn up to your funeral

sometimes I just think of all the people I've known through my life... I try and figure out who they'll hear about my death from and what they'll think/say... sometimes I cry sometimes I get angry

sometimes it makes me wanna die sometimes the pity for them makes me want to live

19. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Heh, I'd almost like it if I could die and float around as an ethereal spirit for a long time. I'd want to just walk around, see things before I completely am unconscious. It's almost like now, I can't say people notice me or I'm around a ton of people lol so it's a pretty comforting thought :( ...

Though I think if I had I wouldn't go to my funeral. I don't think I care to know anything about my family. Much less if anyone goes. Rather I think I'd disappear then kill myself. That way it's missing and dead. No one might ever know. And I'd disappear just the way I want to.

But then again I don't believe there's anything after death, other then sleep. Just pure unconsciousness. Fantastic...

20. RCC

RCC Well-Known Member

I would kinda' like to see if the people that I use to call friends would come to the funeral and how they would act at the funeral.
    I've been home, rejected, a pariah due to their self-involvement and aloofness, for the last 7 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.