Do you work?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Dec 20, 2008.

?

Do you work?

1. Yes (please answare the questions)

54 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No (please say why)

63 vote(s)
    53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Hi all!
    I woundering, how many here working?
    If you work, please tell us where.
    And the most important part, how do you cope with the stress
    that nowdays work places giving us?

2. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

no becuz lincoln is beyond a joke wen it comes to lookin for work

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No, I have tried to find work though.

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

No. I do walk my dogs nd earn money doin that. But i quit my last job because of a dispute with th manager. Got exams nd uni upcoming,so not fussed bout gettin a new job.

5. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Looking for work.

Lol, I'm starting to see a very potent reason for depression :tongue:

James.

6. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

yeah same story here, dont work but looking for a job...

7. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm a Graphics designer.

That means I sit at the computer all day, and my bum gets really numb >.<

Utter boredom!!:eek:utcold:

But there's no stress... I kinda feel like I'm in limbo when I'm at work o_O

8. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Yes, I work in my family's buisiness.

9. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Too mad to work! :screwloose::loopy::Jumpy::beam:

10. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

not now, i was made redundant last thursday. been over 20 years since i havent worked, feel a bit lost at the moment

11. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

I've been running my own business for nearly 7 years, but sadly it looks as if I'll have to close down the shop. I have a contingency plan however. Technically I've not been 'employed' since march 2002.

12. Avalanche

Avalanche Member

I work in the medical profession, sometimes clocking up to 80 hours a week.

To be honest, I don't actually find my job to be stressful. It is the one place that I am able to put on that mask of being competent and having everything under control.

It is hard to remain motivated to go, however have never taken a sick day and know that this routine is the one thing that will get me out of the house and continue to function. I let everything fall apart once I am home and know how bad I can get when I have a few days off in a row...so for now, I am really grateful that I do work.

To those of you looking for work and unemployed, I wish you lots of luck. There are many people here losing their jobs and I have seen how tough that can be.

13. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

I don't work and haven't for some time. I would like to work again but I can't see it happening in the forseeable future working made my depression and anxiety much worse so I had to stop

14. alle_vite

alle_vite Well-Known Member

I worked from the age of 16 i havent worked for 2 years now, i did try and go back to work a year ago i lasted 4 months b4 i had a break down and ended up in a very bad way, although i would like to work my docter and phyciatrist wont sign me off the sck until they think im ready!!!!

15. ScarsandHopes

ScarsandHopes Well-Known Member

Indeed I do, Mc'Donald's. The 3rd busiest in IL :D

16. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

Nope I don´t work. I don´t feel like elaborating at the moment as I already feel crappy but I am supposedly looking for work.

17. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I don't but i am looking for job for 5 months since i have graduated. I am so desperate.I hate when i have to pretend and act like ambitios person when i am totally opposite of that. I don't wanna be a millioner,i dont need expensive cars or big house or fancy cloth. All i need is some fucking job so i can survive in this cruel world,but fuck i can't get it,people see through me,i can't fool them:unsure:

18. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I don't because I'm hospitalized.

19. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm a substitute teacher and I also work at a tutoring center. I make pretty good money and I love what I do. Once you find a job that you love, then life is great. :smile:

20. numb2long

numb2long Member

I work and kinda like it. It at least keeps me busy enough to keep me from getting too suicidal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.