Do your medications effect your dreams?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by corang, Nov 4, 2009.

Do your medications effect your dreams?

1. Yes they get weird and dont make sense

9 vote(s)
  2. Yes they give me nightmares

1 vote(s)
  3. Yes theyre differant but not much differant

3 vote(s)
  4. No not at all

0 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Personally every time I start a new medication I have the weirdest dreams but never got the nightmares. What about you all?
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Oh God yeah. I get some seriously freaky dreams. They scare me! I often wake up thinking "what the WHAT?!".
    But they calm down over time. The most embarrassing thing is when someone in real life pops up in my dream and does something strange. It'll be difficult to look them in the eye even though I know it was all in my head. :laugh:

I also find myself dreaming about people I haven't seen in years. Could be 10 or 20 years and I have NO reason to be thinking of them, I'd even forgotten about them in some instances, but ...there they are.
  3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I can't remember them as well. They're weirder. Like if I opened the Pandora box, if that makes any sense. I have the feeling my unconscious is more free.
  4. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

As far as weirdness to dreams, no. But I have noticed that I seem to talk in my sleep more often now that I'm taking medication. I often wake myself up with my non-sensical nonsense.

Some of the highights:

"You'll be bloodrocuted! You'll be bloodrocuted right now!"--lyrics from a Dethklok album

"Why are you hiding in a snowbank?"

"You can't stop him. He's a force of nature," during an awesome dream about Robocop and the Punisher.
  5. corang

corang Well-Known Member

Ya ive had that too Clockwork Reality. Sometimes i sleep on the couch and my dad says i sleep walk and talk. Some of the best stories are i woke up once and very angrily said "wheres the gold it was right here tell me where it is now!" All he said was ok ill go get it lay back down and go back to sleep and i did.

Another time i managed to go from laying down to in front of the tv in about one second and was really confused looking and touching the screen. He said it looked like i thought it was another world. Then he said my name and i did the movie like slow head turn and looked at him. :rofl:
  6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I've always been a vivid dreamer and the medications adds a lot of zest to my dreams. I love it.
  7. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

Off the meds at the moment, but when I was on Lamictin, Seroquel and Lexapro, I did have some weird ones. Woken up one night where I swore a cat jumped up into my lap, and then crawled under the bed, although I had no cat, the windows were closed and I live on the second floor... Scary stuff.
  8. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Yeah, they make my dreams seem more vivid and sometimes trippy! I don't mind it though, I like it, as weird as that sounds. I end up having some awesome dreams! :)
  9. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

More anxiolitics = more nightmares. I'm sick of waking up every two hours. F!!!!!
  10. nok1888

nok1888 Well-Known Member

No answer for me Im the opposite, when I DONT take my meds my dreams become very twisted and screwed up. Since I started my anti psychotic the twisted dreams are gone maybe 85% of the time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.