Doc leaving

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sweetpea0, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetpea0

sweetpea0 Well-Known Member

Today I found out my doctor is leaving. I have been with him for 5 years. I don't know what to do. I will have to start over with a new doctor. I don 't know if I can talk about things again. I am starting to feel suicidal again. I just don't know what to do.

2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I know how hard it is to lose a doctor. You form very close, intimate relationships with a deep trust in them and when they leave you know you have to start all over again with a new doctor. It's tough, starting over with a new doctor, but you know that if you stick at it with the new one, you'll hopefully form that bond again with them and find in them what you had in the first one :hug: Don't kill yourself over this, it's not worth it.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

HI! Welcome to SF. I had to start over several times and I know how difficult it can be, but don't worry, it becomes very easy to let things out again very quickly.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to SF.

I am glad you found us. It must be hard having to start again fresh with a new doctor,but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Just take it slowly,step by step to build trust.

5. scorpio63

scorpio63 New Member & Antiquities Friend

Your new doc will know what to do, I've been through several of them. If I don't feel like talking about something I tell him/her I would rather touch on that item later.
    Trust them, they'll know.

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I moved from one end of the country to the other and my Doctor sent all of my details to my new Doc, she knew everything about me when I got there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.