Doctors appointment

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Sharksinthemoat, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My mother says that I'm due for a physical at the doctors. I have no idea how I can do it...all of my arms and legs are cut up, and I dont know how I would explain it to the doctor. And my parents don't know, so then if the doctor sees, then she would tell my parents. I dont know what to do.
  2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

You probably would do better telling your parents yourself. Explain that the cutting is a means to try to cope with how you are feeling. Also, Wild Cherry has a forum dealing dealing directly with this called Scar Tissue. The people there can give you more and better advice than what I can give.
    Good Luck
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

if you are over 13 anything between you and your doctor is confidential. if you need to be reassured about this, ask about confidentiality policies before you get undressed.

your doctor has probably seen self harm before. it's pretty common. he/she may ask you some questions about it. see if you can open up. i know it will be hard but they only want to help.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

dazzle is right your doctor cannot tell your parents anything if you are over 13
    Your doctor will only provide you some help maybe even a prescription to give you to help heal the scars better hugs to you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.