doctors appt.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dead-giveaway, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dead-giveaway

dead-giveaway Member

i have a doctors appt. soon and im reallyyyy scared. no one knows that i cut and if they find out they will send me somewhere, i have no doubt. i really dont want help for my cutting and im seriously considering just ending everything right now. i dont know why im posting here cause theres nothing else to do.

2. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Nothing bad will happen. I was scared too, but she was very kind. The only thing you must be afraid of is that they can tell your parents, of course only if you are under 16.

Good luck!
    :hug:

3. dead-giveaway

dead-giveaway Member

yeah im under 16 so they will, thats all im scared of. otherwise i wouldnt care

4. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Tell them you wrestle bears for a living and that, by and large, you win.

5. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

what will happen if your parents find out?

6. dead-giveaway

dead-giveaway Member

they'll prob send me away to some stupid mental hospital or something and im not doing that

7. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

you're positive that they'll send away?

8. dead-giveaway

dead-giveaway Member

yeah pretty much

9. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

I'm sorry

10. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I went to the doctor, she saw my cuts, she put me on anti-depressants, the doctor will probably not send you away.

11. dead-giveaway

dead-giveaway Member

no but my parents will

12. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I doubt that, your parents will either A) Not care, or B) Be supportive. :dunno:

13. dead-giveaway

dead-giveaway Member

yeah youd think that, buut you dont know my parents...

14. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

I understand you there - I had this problem with my mom in high school. She completely just was all for sending me off somewhere or doping me with high amounts of drugs.

Please, please, please consider getting help - because I don't really want to advocate for you to hide your problem from a medical doctor, as much as I understand how parents can be.

15. dead-giveaway

dead-giveaway Member

idk i just cant, theres really nothing to do idk why i posted this

16. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

what if you talk to the doctor about this fear?tel him or her that you really need to stay in home because that´s the only place where you feel safe, and that if your parents know they´ll lock you out. i guess it worth to try if you are forced to go. i haven´t gone to see any doctor because i don´t want my parents to know, and here doctor are forced to tell parents untill 21; i´m 19 now and been hurting since 14. I don´t think any mental institution will admite SI cases, because is not a reason to be locked as you could bite yoursel or scratch with youyr nails anyway, doctor knows that people who SI needs suppor and i serioslyu doubt any isntitution can admit you there, wheather your parents want or not

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.